Buying the exact same watch twice...
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Buying the exact same watch twice...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying the exact same watch twice...

So i picked up this swiss automatic (will tell brand later), very rare hand / date combo with a leather band and it came in the mail running super fast. Cost to service was $400 and 3 months of waiting. I had it around for a few months, and decided to sell it on ebay, losing $600 in the sale from what I paid.

Now heres where it gets tricky. This guy buys the watch, and I ship it, but he wants a refund while its in the mail, since I mailed it 2 days too late to be given as a gift. So i refund it thinking he will send the watch back, but never does. So i email him to send it back after refund cleared, no reply. Its gone, nothing I can do (tried reporting thru paypal, nothing)

A year and a half later, its up on ebay for cheap. I miss it, and I think Im going to buy it back. Pics in a week...

Re: Buying the exact same watch twice...

Weird. So the person got it for free and now you're going to pay him/her to get it back?

That's whacky. What makes you think he/she won't just keep your money and not send the watch again?

EDIT: But it's your money and if it makes you happy then that's a good thing.

I thought about it, Im buying it from a buddies paypal and ebay account. Its a near impossible to find asian market version of the watch...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Why would you refund it before you received the watch back? I've bought the exact same watch twice, sometimes three times if I miss it....the something else always seems to pop into my head.
    "Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat"

Damn.

I read a story on here once about a guy getting his same exact watch back and paying for it twice also.

I forgot where I read it though.

I think he sold it on eBay, and later realized he still liked the watch, and it was passed around by different people selling it to each other, and it eventually got back to him again.
    Last edited by G-Shocks Are Cool.; March 24th, 2010 at 06:02.
    The MTG is retired and the 5600 too. Right now, the only working G-Shocks that I use and enjoy are the Riseman GW9200-1 and the GW6900-1

If I can own a Rolex Submariner I would. I know they are tough too, their homages are tough. Trust me.

G-Shock MTG930DA-8V, G-Shock GW-5600J-1. G-Shock Riseman GW9200-1, G-Shock GW6900-1

Omega Forum Moderator emmanuelgoldstein's Avatar

What is the proverb I am looking for?

Oh yeah.

A fool and his money are soon parted.
    Last edited by emmanuelgoldstein; March 24th, 2010 at 16:16.
    “Education is the inculcation of the incomprehensible into the indifferent by the incompetent”

-- John Maynard Keynes

The issue here is buying the watch from a seller that has already screwed you as a buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by 09.ducati View Post
    The issue here is buying the watch from a seller that has already screwed you as a buyer.
    Technically they are selling stolen property which is a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by SkooterNB View Post
    Technically they are selling stolen property which is a crime.
    That's what I was thinking also. Why wasn't it reported as being stolen? I'm sure an investigation should have been done. It's not too late. I'd take screen shots of the current sale and copies of all your correspondence and send it to eBay, Paypal, the local authorities in your location and the buyer's location, the Better Business Bureau, and anyone else you can think of. It would get resolved in some way or another without you having to repurchase the item.

OH, and you should send the manufacturer the s/n and report it stolen so perhaps it might come back to you if the person takes it to the manufacturer for fixing.
    Last edited by nathantw666; March 24th, 2010 at 16:52. Reason: adding some stuff

If you feel that nonchalantly about it, buy it and enjoy it. Losing that much money or being made a fool of may not mean as much to you as it does to others.

I would have gone to hell and back to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law if someone ripped me off like that. If the law couldn't do anything, I would certainly buy the watch back only to get the criminals address and information so I could show up at his door and even things up a bit. But that's just me.
    casablancawatch likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information