BUYING A LUMINOX COLORMARK SEAL WATCH BUT..... NEED HELP DETERMINING IF I AM BUYING A FAKE WATCH????

Thread: BUYING A LUMINOX COLORMARK SEAL WATCH BUT..... NEED HELP DETERMINING IF I AM BUYING A FAKE WATCH????

BUYING A LUMINOX COLORMARK SEAL WATCH BUT..... NEED HELP DETERMINING IF I AM BUYING A FAKE WATCH????

So i am looking to purchase a luminox colormark seal watch in one of the following colors:
    - all black
    - green
    - blue
    - orange

and i am looking at either jomashop or world of watches for the purchase as they have a pretty good sale on these watches at the moment.

however, i looked at the blue watch yesterday at tourneau and it was a darker blue color as opposed to the world of watches website which indicates a light sky blue type color. they have the same style number and the actual luminox website indicates the watch as having a dark blue color to it.

Luminox 3053 Watches,Men's Black Dial Black Silicone, Casual Luminox Quartz Watches

Luminox Evo Navy Seal Mens Watch 3053 - Newegg.com

the second website gives you an idea of the dark blue color.

so i am basically trying to figure out:

A) what color to get ( i was originally leaning towards the blackout model but i know 3 people who already have it; yet it is the most versatile color)
    B) what is going on with these color variations? did luminox release different color blues different years or is the watch from WOW fake or......

any thoughts comments insights are appreciated.

cheers.

Re: BUYING A LUMINOX COLORMARK SEAL WATCH BUT..... NEED HELP DETERMINING IF I AM BUYING A FAKE WATCH

World of watches and Jomashop are both reasonably reputable sellers, and I doubt there are many fake Luminoxes out there, so you don't have to worry about it being a fake watch. WoW seems to have lots of CS complaints though, so I'd shop elsewhere.

They could have changed the color between years, or it could be just a combination of different lighting conditions and poor photoshop/color correction that makes them look different. If you look at the 4th and 5th picture in the newegg add, it also has the same color as the world of watches picture. In reality, I would expect the actual color to be somewhere in between the two, though maybe more on the lighter side.

If you google image search Luminox 3053, the pictures run the whole gamut on there. Hard to tell what it will actually look like.

Edit: Don't get a blackout watch; they're too hard to read.
    Last edited by npulaski; July 3rd, 2014 at 20:32.
    Omega Speedmaster 3570.50 | Omega Seamaster 300 165.024 | Nomos Orion Ref. 309 | Helson Shark Diver 40 v2 (white)
    Seiko MM300 SBDX001 | Seiko Alpinist SARB017 | Seiko 5 SNK803 | Citizen EcoDrive Calibre 8700 | Citizen 8110 Bullhead

Re: BUYING A LUMINOX COLORMARK SEAL WATCH BUT..... NEED HELP DETERMINING IF I AM BUYING A FAKE WATCH

Quote Originally Posted by magnanoa View Post
    So i am looking to purchase a luminox colormark seal watch in one of the following colors:
    - all black
    - green
    - blue
    - orange

and i am looking at either jomashop or world of watches for the purchase as they have a pretty good sale on these watches at the moment.

however, i looked at the blue watch yesterday at tourneau and it was a darker blue color as opposed to the world of watches website which indicates a light sky blue type color. they have the same style number and the actual luminox website indicates the watch as having a dark blue color to it.

Luminox 3053 Watches,Men's Black Dial Black Silicone, Casual Luminox Quartz Watches

Luminox Evo Navy Seal Mens Watch 3053 - Newegg.com

the second website gives you an idea of the dark blue color.

so i am basically trying to figure out:

A) what color to get ( i was originally leaning towards the blackout model but i know 3 people who already have it; yet it is the most versatile color)
    B) what is going on with these color variations? did luminox release different color blues different years or is the watch from WOW fake or......

any thoughts comments insights are appreciated.

cheers.
    Same watch different photographer

Never, never trust anything you see on World of Watches ..... nothing else needs to be said
    Last edited by Ring; July 3rd, 2014 at 19:42.
    "Some day I'm going to buy a real wristwatch"

"When I only had one watch I always knew what time it was, but now I'm no longer sure"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Why the heck would anyone make a imitation luminox? Does not seem like a big enough market for it.
    Time is relative.

Both are legit dealers...Your choice.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Thread Information