Buying online
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Buying online

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Buying online

Hi There

I'm new to this form so not sure if I'm posting in the right section

My question is I have been looking at buying the Blancpain 50 fathoms and have seen a reputable web site advertising this watch for nearly 50% cheaper than an official retailer can sell for. Are there any pro's and cons with going down this route and if so is it a wise move or not.

Many thanks in advance, by the way I am UK based.

Re: Buying online

Chances are the website in question is dealing Grey Market watches. There is nothing illegal or "sketchy" about this, and this is the route that many folks take when buying new watches, due to the potential for a better deal than an Authorized Dealer will give you. If it is indeed a reputable site, you will in all likelihood receive an authentic piece and be happy with the watch, however the disadvantage is that Blancpain won't likely be backing your watch with any warranty, as I'm assuming the site isn't an AD for the brand. Any warranty issues will have to be settled by the website, if it offers any warranty at all.
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

First and foremost.....Who is it?
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If it is a 'legitimate' grey market site (be sure to do your research), you will get an authentic watch. You will not get the manufacturer warranty, however, most greys substitute their own warranty covering the watch (which may or may not be as lengthy or comprehensive as the original).

If the grey market site has a good reputation, there are substantial savings to be had, and you don't mind a differently structured warranty, this might be a good choice for you.
    tatooist77 likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Do a search, this has been done to death.
    Gary123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by little big feather View Post
    First and foremost.....Who is it?
    Then site in question is https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=...ed=0CCkQvgUoAQ

You see up on the right side where it says Advance Search? Check that....There is a Scam with a name like that I think.
    Not sure so check it out.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

I just compared the prices of some of this site's Fifty Fathoms offerings to the prices of the same models on Jomashop and Authenticwatches, two well-known grey market sites I have heard generally positive reviews about, and this site seems to be selling for a pretty significant amount less than the competition. I would be careful here if I were you; maybe have a look into this site's reputation and ensure that you definitely feel comfortable buying from them.
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

There have been many people who have come here and complained about the site you referred to. I don't have any experience with them myself, but based on what I've read, I won't ever have an experience buying from them. There are just too many other reputable sites to deal with, like jomashop.com, ashford.com, thewatchery.com, ewatches.com etc.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Just checked ... great prices ... lend me your credit card willya?
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information