Buying Watches from overseas

Thread: Buying Watches from overseas

Buying Watches from overseas

I have been an avid watch collector now for many a year and love to sell and buy regularly but I have noticed recently that buying from overseas has become worse than ever. I used to receive my Watches from the US within 10 days but recently after waiting 15 days I still have no sign of any watches. This can become a problem for the buyer and the seller as the buyer disbeleives what the seller is saying purely because of frustration causing them to fall out and give bad feedback. All I would say guys that unless you really really want a watch and can wait a long time dont bother. Its not worth the stress!!!!

Ian.

Re: Buying Watches from overseas

I often get watches in Hong Kong or Singapore when flying through and then mail them from New Zealand or Australia to friends in the US or Canada. It used to average 7-10 days to either but whilst Canada is still fine the US seems to take up to a month due to heightened security. On the plus side the US very rarely taxes them.

GTA, Ontario, Canada, the True North strong and free

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Summerscales View Post
    I have been an avid watch collector now for many a year and love to sell and buy regularly but I have noticed recently that buying from overseas has become worse than ever. I used to receive my Watches from the US within 10 days but recently after waiting 15 days I still have no sign of any watches. This can become a problem for the buyer and the seller as the buyer disbeleives what the seller is saying purely because of frustration causing them to fall out and give bad feedback. All I would say guys that unless you really really want a watch and can wait a long time dont bother. Its not worth the stress!!!!

Ian.
    Well it's worth the wait; the stress is yours...

This is also not uncommon without the "overseas" part. Case(s) in point:

I recently bought a bracelet on eBay from a seller in Japan: it was here (Toronto, Canada) in five business days (through EMS/Canada Post).

I bought two watches from US sellers, both shipped using our respective postal systems, and they both took over two weeks to arrive to me.

So you see, it's not quite so simple. But to me the bottom line is be comfortable with the terms of sale, including shipping parameters, and that good things are worth waiting for.

Cheers,
    HBL
    DESIDERANTES MELIOREM PATRIAM

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just ordered from Asia (watches88) and it was at my house in the US in 4 days. Louis also emailed me daily with tracking updates.
    I knew almost to the hour when the truck would be pulling up.
    This is the first time I ordered out of US, so I guess I got lucky and choose a great place to buy from. He just happened to have the watch I wanted.
    I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again.

Hope you get your order soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Summerscales View Post

Ian.

My purchases are usually delivered "overair" and it's not unusual for buys from Malaysia, Singapore and Japan to be delivered well within a week of shipment. For the few that take longer I remember that this is a hobby and don't stress out. I maintain contact with the seller. I've only had one watch actually get lost and that was during the anthrax scares. It too eventually showed up after seller delievered a replacement and the post office paid on insurance.

If it takes two weeks then it takes two weeks and getting all worked up over the time won't make the watch magically appear.

might want to confirm shipping time and method first before the purchase ... it can/does take longer shipping from oversea

if the seller is shipping using a boat, well ... you're going to be waiting a bit longer

Your all right its me! Im just used to companies picking up the phone and answering e-mails!! USPS.... Thank you for the Royal mail. I still think 2 weeks and still nothing is too long Im expecting some bearded man to turn up with it in 10 years having been washed up on a lost island having been shipped in a bottle..
    Ah well maybe it will be the next Wilson.

Thread Information