C65 Trident Classic or SARX055?

Thread: C65 Trident Classic or SARX055?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

C65 Trident Classic or SARX055?

Hi all,

I have been a member here for a couple of months now, I have enjoyed reading and browsing the forums and seeing many watches that have taken my fancy! I thought now a good time to get some of your thoughts and opinions on a (maybe) upcoming purchase.

So I currently have the Christopher Ward C65 Trident Classic which I bought to wear as my most 'dressy' watch as I'm big on the diver style of watch and I thought that gave me the best compromise and versatility. Now however I have stumbled across the beauty that is the Seiko SARX055, I have looked into others that have a very similar style e.g. the SARB035, SARY055, SARX033 and none quite get my attention as the SARX055.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	298.0 KB 
ID:	13137405 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SeikoSARX055-9.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	430.7 KB 
ID:	13137427

So onto my question, as I am quite reluctant to let go of the C65 and find the SARX055 doesn't quite live up to my expectations. Has anyone had them both? If so how do they both compare in build quality and looks in person? Or an outsiders view that has owned neither!

Thanks in advance
    Chris

Banned

Re: C65 Trident Classic or SARX055?

I've never handled the Ward, but I had a SARX045 that was a very well put together watch for the money. It never really spoke to me, but it seems pretty hard to beat in its range if you like the styling.

For me it's the Seiko.
    I pretty much loathe the hour hand on the CW.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I owned a Seiko Sarx for about a week. It was beautiful in pics but did nothing for me in person.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The SARX definitely looks better. But the movement might be less accurate. Also, how thick is the Trident? The Seiko I think it is 12-13 mm - for some it can be a little top heavy.

SARX055 is a pretty amazing watch to wear and look at. Some people find the movement a bit lackluster, which I agree, but found no inconveniences while using it.

One thing to keep in mind - I know the “snowflake” dial looks mesmerizing, but at an arm’s length it is too fine to be seen. In other words, imagine it to be a nearly white dial, and go ahead with the purchase if you still think it’s worth it.

I'd keep the CW.

I've got a few Seiko's- and they make a GREAT product. I've also got a Trident. Grass is always greener on the other side.

UNLESS - you want to be more dressy. Then go Seiko.

If you want more sport versatility - keep the CW.

Thanks all for your replies!

Quote Originally Posted by hedet View Post
    I owned a Seiko Sarx for about a week. It was beautiful in pics but did nothing for me in person.
    That is the biggest thing for me, I don't think I've seen a photo of it so far that I don't like. The photo of the SARX035(?) looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by DYL View Post
    SARX055 is a pretty amazing watch to wear and look at. Some people find the movement a bit lackluster, which I agree, but found no inconveniences while using it.

One thing to keep in mind - I know the “snowflake” dial looks mesmerizing, but at an arm’s length it is too fine to be seen. In other words, imagine it to be a nearly white dial, and go ahead with the purchase if you still think it’s worth it.
    The movement I admit is the only thing that has put me off so far, the accuracy is something that I probably wouldn't notice all that much. The beat rate is something I do enjoy on the CW however.

I imagine the dial would be similar to the CW, it has a subtle wavy pattern that is not always immediately apparent unless you catch it in the right light or get up close.

Quote Originally Posted by MLJinAK View Post
    UNLESS - you want to be more dressy. Then go Seiko.
    I think I have made my decision... Although every time I have done so far, I've questioned it half an hour later. But a dressier watch isn't something I'd normally go for so I'm going to take the leap and broaden my horizons! My other divers will have to pick up the slack on the sporty/casual side of things.

Thanks for your advice and opinions, you've just put another hole in my wallet

I’ve got several CWs but not that one. I have got the SARX055 though and you would need to look very hard indeed to find fault with it.

As much as I like the Christopher Ward something about that Seiko does it for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information