Camel Trophy Adventure Watches

Thread: Camel Trophy Adventure Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Confused Camel Trophy Adventure Watches

Does anyone have any info on camel trophy adventure watches?

I have in my collection a Camel Trophy Adventure Watch. I have only seen one other like mine and it has a white dial, mine has a gold toned dial. It has a Miyota movement. It says on the back that it's a registered model. It works well and I had to contact Citizen to get setting instructions. It has 4 buttons and a stem. Any help?:thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

stuffler,mike

Re: Camel Trophy Adventure Watches

Moved from the wrong to the right forum.

You said you contact Citizen, what they said. Because I didn't understand what,s problem. Best consultation should give Citizen Company.

Thanks,

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I know Camel Active watches are actually Mondaine watches(?? correct me if i'm wrong) i used to own one before 5 years.
    Some models use ETA Quartz, while othe using ronda's.

Camel thropy is another brand.... i don't know any specs....

Looks like the logo for Camel cigarettes to me... maybe it was sold as a promotional item?

I had one in '90 or so. At the time you could buy them in the Camel boutiques (they sold clothes, boots, etc with the Camel logo). Came in a neat metal box.
    It's 1700hrs somewhere...

Citizen just had instructions for the movement and had nothing to do with the manufacturing of the watch.

Camel Trophy was actually sold as a product to the Camel Adventures in the 70's and 80's in connection to the world wide rcross country racing which involved Land Cruisers. This is what I have discovered so far.

Hi, Camel Trophy was an own brand, and they made watches of high quality. I am owning a Camel Trophy watch with an ETA-2824-2 25 jewel movement.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by westling; October 31st, 2008 at 10:26.

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4watches View Post
    Camel Trophy was actually sold as a product to the Camel Adventures in the 70's and 80's in connection to the world wide rcross country racing which involved Land Cruisers. This is what I have discovered so far.

Land Rovers actually. In the later years, it was a team event with teams from all over the world in some pretty exotic locations. It was mainly a test of machine and man versus the elements. If you google around, you can finds all kinds of details. I know one guy who completed and several who tried out for the team. It was a pretty hard-core event.

We drove to Belize in 1997 taking donations down to various hospitals and schools - 20+ Land Rovers loaded to the gills. We ran into an ex-Camel Trophy Discovery on the first day there. There used to pretty active group of LR Trophy vehicles in the UK and some would pop up in the US occasionally. In 1997, the LR special vehicles unit offered a Discovery that was equipped in the same manner as the Trophy vehicles. Of course, the real deals were diesels whereas the US versions were gas. There were also full rollcages and little details such as the rollcage being bolted through to the roof racks. Little things like that weren't suitable for your typical consumer.

There will never be another event like the Camel Trophy -

From the 'net:

Cheers,
    Gerry

Ball Hydrocarbon GMT I, Citizen Navihawk, Casio PAW1300-3V, IWC Aquatimer Chronograph, Rolex GMT-Master II, O&W ID3066, Seiko AGS Flightmaster, Baume & Mercier World Timer, Zenith Stratos Striking Tenth Felix Baumgartner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information