Can anybody tell me another watch brand that makes watches similar to invicta? - Page 7
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Can anybody tell me another watch brand that makes watches similar to invicta?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: Is there a watch brand that makes a watch similar to invicta bolt Zeus?

Go for what grabs you Brandon! It'd be a terribly dull world if we all agreed and all had the same taste. And if we dig deep enough most of us here have at one time or another bought a watch purely on the basis of how it looks although we may try to justify or explain the purchase for other reasons subsequently.

Frankly, I have far more respect for the person who purchases an Invicta because they like it as opposed to spending a small fortune on a Hublot, which has the same styling cues as many Invicta models and trying to justify it otherwise. At least the Invicta represents value for money, which is perhaps more than can be said for many of the watches most of the members here (myself included) end up purchasing and certainly when compared to a Hublot.

Enjoy your watch and wear it in health!
    Last edited by supermundane; October 30th, 2013 at 20:57.
    ilitig8, Brandonu97600 and ncmoto like this.
    Current - Archimede Pilot 39 // Orient Bambino (Steel with black dial) // Seiko 5 - SNKL09 // Seiko SARB017 Alpinist // Lip GDG 145

Want list (Subject to change) - Tissot Heritage PR156 // Dugena Festa (Junghans Meister if the budget stretches) // Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT // Nomos Club // Longines Heritage Diver // Mido Commander Chronometer // Stowa Seatime // Stowa Fleiger T01 Testaf // Laco Vintage // March La.B AM3 Marron // G. Gerlach Tritium // Oris Chronoris // Glycine Airman SST 12 // Tutima Saxon One

If only* (Also subject to change) - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra // Omega Speedmaster Chronograph // Sinn Model 140 st // Damasko Modell DK101 // Mühle Terranaut Trail // Genesis Lemania // Rolex Milgauss // Glash
    ütte Original Sixties Square Chronograph // Vulcain - Nautical Seventies and Cricket Extreme (I'm partial to Vulcain generally) // Grand Seiko Hi-Beat // Hajime Asaoka Tourbillon

*(AKA - not in this lifetime)

Minrova makes watches similar to Invicta, but more so because make watches that mimic everyone else's watches. That said, like Invicta, they work and they are sure to have the look you desire, most probably they'll have every look you ever will desire too. Their prices too are comparable to Invicta's.
    Brandonu97600 likes this.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Cheers,
    Tony

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment.
    ― A.A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by Brandonu97600 View Post
    I didn't know invicta had a reputation like it does. I'm just new to watches so I don't know what brands are good and which aren't. I guess I'll get an invicta bolt Zeus because although some people here might not like the brand but at the end I'm the one that's gonna wear it so I'm getting it because I really like how it looks. I'm also going to look at some other brands that are more respectable and I'll keep learning more about watches and eventually I guess I'm going to make better watch decisions. Thanks to all the people that replied and showed their point of view.
    There are other reasons we don't like Invicta. Among them are very poor customer service and a high rate of poor quality control and failure issues.

-Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3; please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

OP - If you like Invicta why not buy Invicta instead of looking for something that might copy Invicta (am I missing something?)

Happy hunting.
    rfortson likes this.

Inactive

brandon12 got a new account?

Quote Originally Posted by GETS View Post
    OP - If you like Invicta why not buy Invicta instead of looking for something that might copy Invicta (am I missing something?)

Happy hunting.
    ???

Why would any watchmaker worthy of that label copy an Invicta? I can't imagine what the point of doing that would be. S/he won't be able to do it as cheaply as Invicta and still sell in enough volume to make a profit. That's the economic reality of trying to enter the low end of a market dominated by very few very large players. It's the same reason Walmart has almost no competition and why when one appears all the little, low priced shops in the town fold. Sure, Bill Gates could make a go at it. So too could any number of cash heavy corporations. But then again why would they when there are any number of other ways to invest their money or diversify their business to obtain greater returns than entering into competition with Invicta? What is more plausible is that a huge watch company like Swatch might buy Invicta to get hold of a cash cow and expand their access to styles and cheap parts for their other low price brands. Doing that also opens up a host of other hugely profitable strategies for a company like Swatch.

If some company is going to try gong head to head with Invicta -- and make no mistake, the Chinese cloners are doing just that -- they would sooner copy a brand that has some draw rather than a brand about which even the most generous of folks can at best say "it is what it is."
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________
    Cheers,
    Tony

Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment.
    ― A.A. Milne

I'm a bit disappointed by the suggestions guys. Ok, the Zenith was right on, but too expensive, that gave me a good laugh. I think that if you like that style of watch, you definitely have to look at Renato watches. Invicta and Renato watches share a lot IMHO. Good luck and have fun! Welcome to Renato Watches
    ~ Daniel ~

Re: Can anybody tell me another watch brand that makes watches similar to invicta?

Quote Originally Posted by natesen View Post
    If u like that brand, why not just buy them? They always have "amazing" sales going on.....

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
    I just bought one, it was 120% off! They paid me to take it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    I'm a bit disappointed by the suggestions guys. Ok, the Zenith was right on, but too expensive, that gave me a good laugh. I think that if you like that style of watch, you definitely have to look at Renato watches. Invicta and Renato watches share a lot IMHO. Good luck and have fun! Welcome to Renato Watches
    You wouldn't be Daniel Mink, would you?
    Cheers,
    Tony

― A.A. Milne

Re: Can anybody tell me another watch brand that makes watches similar to invicta?

So here I sit in a plane seat and the fellow across the aisle from me dropped his airline magazine and didn't it just fall open to a Stauer add. Inspiration. I truly forgot they even exist. I've never bought one, but I'd wager there's a WUS thread or two about them. So here come some suggestions. Not quite as out there as the watches the OP suggested, but definitely out there to my eye and far nearer to the OP's price point than the other out there watches I more commonly encounter.

This one reminds me of something Jacob & Co offer.

Word to the wise: please look around to see if these watches might exist elsewhere under a different brand. As I was looking at Staur's site, I noticed this:
    TOWSON PRIDE II (BLACK) WRIST WATCH 21307 | Stauer.com. This happens to be exactly this watch which you can buy directly from the company who make it, Towson Watch Company. Towson Watch Company. Now you tell me if three paragraphs of "story" is something even the richest, most flush with cash person will pay for three paragraphs of fluffy language. (TWC price $3850; Stauer price: $5850)
    Cheers,
    Tony

― A.A. Milne

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information