Can anyone give any info on this Swiss watch?

Thread: Can anyone give any info on this Swiss watch?

Can anyone give any info on this Swiss watch?

I bought it for $30 on eBay. It was a private seller, meaning an item here and an item there, no store, and they didn't really know anything about it. It is a wind-up, and it keeps time, so I'm not too concerned about the price or details with regard to its value, but I'd just like to know if anyone has ever heard of it and what the reputation is. I looked up Incabloc, and that is an early shock mounting method to make the watch more durable. Any other details on the watch? The band is in good shape and closes securely, and it keeps good time.

Any guesses on an approximate age?

Thanks

Last edited by Kyle Bradley; December 3rd, 2011 at 08:42.

Don't k know but it sure is advertising it's inca block shock absorption system.

Re: Can anyone give any info on this Swiss watch?

Yep. Possibly made by H. E. Meier Zurich. Its a 1970s model - after 1971 because it says Water Resistant on the case. It'll have a generic hand wind movement of some sort. Incabloc has been around since the 1940s and is still in use in lots of movements.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, it's a funky green dialed watch from the early to mid 1970's that is in a chrome plated case. The case may be chipping at the edges after this many years. As long as it works just enjoy it but don't spend money on repairs. Cleaning and polishing out the crystal will improve the appearance a lot. The date is set by either the wig-wag method of moving the time back and forth between 8:00PM and 12:00PM or turning the crown till the date is correct.

Overall looks to be in good condition so enjoy!

Thanks, guys. I collect watches, but all I know about them is that they keep time... I was hoping this was a nice watch because it's Swiss, but oh well. Guess I'll just wear it until it no longer works if it's not worth having anything done to it.

Thread Information