Can anyone help with unknown Watch?

Thread: Can anyone help with unknown Watch?

Can anyone help with unknown Watch?

Hi all!

This is a long shot:

In 1974-ish, we went to the 'Seaside' (I think it was Rhyl in Wales) and there was a chap along the Promenade who was selling attractive Dress Watches at knock-down prices - claiming they were really very expensive timepieces (but were obviously cheap imitations - I've no illusions about that) However, being on Holiday, you spend money on things you wouldn't normally, and my parents purchased a Gents and Ladies Watch. Both had diamanties (obviously not real) around the chapter rings of the Watch faces, but my interest is in the Gents one which I was given when we got back home.

It had a copper-coloured dial with as stated diamanties around the chapter ring, batons for numbers, and copper-coloured hands and a second sweep with I think (but can't be sure) a red arrow head on the tip of the hand. Don't recall any jewels (but may well have had) definitely no date, and the name of the 'make' was in italic script across the Watch face - beginning with the letter 'C' as I recall (but again, can't be certain)

I am wanting to know, as I always liked this Watch, and despite it probably being a 'cheap' Movement, always ran well for me, until I sold it for next to nothing when I was stuck for some cash during the 80s... (a thing I now bitterly regret...)

The only problem I ever had with this Watch was that a couple of the little diamanties would keep coming out and rolling around the Watch face, and I had to keep running to a Jewellers to have them put back. (this might be why I tired of it and sold it) I'm wanting to know the 'make' of this particular Watch if anyone can help? It is very unlikely it will have been a well-known or very reputable make ('cheapo') but I would love to know if anyone thinks they may know? Does this type of Watch ring any bells with anyone else? Like I said; it is a long shot, but still thought it worth a try... ; - .. I keep thinking I may recognise the 'maker's' name if I heard it. I quite like a lot of 'cheapo' Mechanical Watches from this era, because despite their 'cheapo' Movements, they use to have some of the most attractive designs which always appealed.

Thanks.

V8

Re: Can anyone help with unknown Watch?

Any chance at all you have a pic somewhere?

Understeer is when you hit the wall with your front end. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with your rear end. Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall. Torque is how far you move the wall.

Re: Can anyone help with unknown Watch?

Quote Originally Posted by V8 View Post
    Any chance at all you have a pic somewhere?
    Hi! Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately not - if only... It's really frustrating, as I can almost 'see' the Maker's name across the dial, but just can't recall it... My only concern of course, is with these kinds of memorys, one is apt to eventually find out that it's nothing like you recall... But I hope so!

Would be glad of any help.

Thanks again.

Thread Information