Can anyone ID this watch?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Totoro66

Thread: Can anyone ID this watch?

Can anyone ID this watch?

Not sure where to start when trying to ID this watch, maybe a vintage Russian watch aficionado here could help?

Not sure why but I'm really drawn to this watch...

(Pic taken from gunny straps)

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

Re: Can anyone ID this watch?

Quote Originally Posted by ucfguy1987 View Post
    Not sure where to start when trying to ID this watch, maybe a vintage Russian watch aficionado here could help?

Not sure why but I'm really drawn to this watch...

(Pic taken from gunny straps)

I tried a Google image search and it gave me Omega Speedmaster. Oh well, I guess even Google isn't perfect.
    Domo likes this.

Why don't you PM gunny,he might be able to help you,he's a member here and every once in a while he post in Panerai subforum

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro66 View Post
    I tried a Google image search and it gave me Omega Speedmaster. Oh well, I guess even Google isn't perfect.
    I'm surprised it didn't give you a picture of a duck. Real hit-and-miss ;)

Picture is somewhat unclear to be able to read script .
    But it look a lot like some of these watches that come out of Russia.
    Where the movement and case are put together from parts watches and an after market dial inserted yo make it look like a older model
    Commonly known as a (Russian tourist watch)

It's a U.M. Kirova brand. I believe they were made in the 1940s for Stalin's Falcons. Googling the term "Stalin's Falcons wristwatch" (without the quotation marks) returns images of very similar watches.

The movement calibre is called the Lightning 3603
    Last edited by TimeWizard; January 12th, 2014 at 13:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    Why don't you PM gunny,he might be able to help you,he's a member here and every once in a while he post in Panerai subforum
    You know, that actually never occurred to me lol I think I might, I'd spoken to Peter ages ago, nice guy too

Quote Originally Posted by huze24 View Post
    .....to begin with, or a mini-review. so I'll get things started again.

OMG, Doxa nailed it with this watch, this thing is a STUNNER!!

The only watch that impressed me as much as this T-Graph was the Omega Planet Ocean. This baby has Panerai/Rolex style and quality written all over it. The dial is a dream, you literally can't take you eyes off of it. Vic said it best, he said this watch has "WTF is that ?" wrist presence, and he isn't lying. That's the reaction you get from people that have never seen this watch before. This watch commands attention and looks like a million bucks on your wrist. This is the Doxa Dirk Pitt would have worn. The only thing that would look as good as this orange T-Graph is an orange and blue Caribbean version of the T-Graph.

I'll admit I was hesitant to order the T-Graph at first, as I didnt think this watch was worth the money. Boy was I WRONG, this watch is worth the $2,500 and then some. It's a big chunk of S/S steel. It's heavy but not too heavy to where it's unbalanced on the wrist, and in the process top heavy. The large date window is nice, not that you need a date window on a dive watch. It only takes a quick glance to read the date. Due to the sharp graphic colors of the three chrono subdials, the dial is very easy to read. Depending on how the light hits the dial and hands, they appear matte or high gloss at times.

Timekeeping accuracy is +/- 1 second so far. The movement is very smooth when winding and setting. The screw-down chrono pushers are easy to operate while the watch is on the wrist, I'm able to both screw and unscrew them with one finger. The hands all reset to zero perfectly. The Doxa bezel is as smooth as a Seiko. The only discrepancy I've noticed is the Doxa website says the thickness of the watch is 18.55mm, that's super thick as in Citizen 1000m DuraTect thickness. I measured the T-Graph with my digital calipers and only got a measurement of 15.69mm. So I'm guessing the measurement on the website is an error, which is a good thing. If this watch were any thicker it would be out of proportion and look cartoonish on the wrist. I've noticed many manufacturers have varying dimensions listed for their watches, and I often find them not always correct when I put my digital calipers to the test. The case on the SUB600 T-Graph is thicker than the 750T, it looks a lot better as this larger case thickness suits the overall size and look of the Doxa line of watches.

IMHO, the T-Graph and Omega Seamaster 120m Chrono are the best looking dive chronos ever made. Doxa has made another instant classic with this re-issue watch regardless of whether or not they come out with other dial colors or annual editions. I actually hope they do come out with other T-Graphs as I believe in sharing the love - ala Omega and Rolex - and not creating exclusive and pretentious little watch clubs. It's a good thing Chevy made more than 10 Corvettes in any given year.

I thought my new TAG Aquagraph was going to be my go to Chrono Diver, but the T-Graph just relegated it to the Catch and Release program. There haven't been anywhere near enough pics of this stunning new retro diver, so I took a bunch both inside and outside to try and capture the color of this gorgeous orange dial.

Thanks to DaveT for hooking me up with this beauty.

DIMENSIONS:

~ Weight: 216 grams
    ~ Thickness: 15.69mm
    ~ Width: 45.59 mm
    ~ Width including chrono pushers: 49.86mm
    ~ Width including crown: 47.65mm
    ~ Length: 47.38mm
    ~ Bezel width: 42.07mm
    ~ Crystal/Dial width: 30.45mm
    ~ Lug width: 21 mm
    ~ Crown width: 7.00mm

Next to a TAG Heuer Aquagraph

I got the same result lol

Good luck as that is certainly a unique watch and I too think it looks very Russian made.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thread Information