Can anyone tell me anything about this watch?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Can anyone tell me anything about this watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Can anyone tell me anything about this watch?

Hi everybody, great forum!

I'm new to the world of watches and after an hour or so of looking around the forum i've already picked up some great advice!

This watch was given to me about three years ago by a Saudi Arabian friend. I've had a good look around the internet, but can't seem to be able to find any info on it whatsoever.

Can anyone tell me anything about this watch?

- It's made by 'Frank Rosha' (i've never heard of this designer/watchmaker before, and can't find anything on the internet).

- The box is quite good quality. There is a leather booklet inside that contains a lifetime guarantee card which says 'Frank Rosha Geneve' on the front, and serial number, retailers stamp, and buyer on the back.

- The watch face says 'Swiss Made' by the number 6, and tells the date and day. The 'seconds' hand is in the circle on the bottom of the face.

- On the back it says 'All Stainless Steel', '5 ATM Water Resistant', 'Swiss Made 6013-32' and Sapphire Crystal'.

- Underneath the back plate on the 'movement' part (can't see this in pics) it says '5 Five Jewels', 'Swiss R9' and 'Ronda 7004'

The size of the bezel is 4.3cm.

I've know absolutely nothing about watches so any info would be useful.

I've attached some pics. Please let me know if they don't show up, I might've done something wrong (sorry about the bad photo quality)

Thanks in advance for any info, and once again, great forum!

Alex.

Name:  DSCF1907.JPG
Views: 2094
Size:  154.3 KBName:  DSCF1915.JPG
Views: 2070
Size:  156.2 KBName:  DSCF1917.JPG
Views: 2099
Size:  155.6 KBName:  DSCF1927.JPG
Views: 2131
Size:  156.1 KBName:  DSCF1938.JPG
Views: 2074
Size:  153.0 KBName:  DSCF1943.JPG
Views: 2325
Size:  170.6 KBName:  DSCF1944.JPG
Views: 2149
Size:  168.1 KB

Inactive

Re: Can anyone tell me anything about this watch?

Alexander7 likes this.

Thanks for your reply, Watchma. Yes, i've seen this before when I was doing my own research, interesting.

Do you have any opinion on the quality of the watch?

Thanks,
    Alex.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice box.

Inactive

Sorry Alex I don't really do Quartz :)

Just thought you might not have seen that page
    Alexander7 likes this.

Decent quartz movement from the look of it. These are of limited collector interest, but if you like it...
    Alexander7 likes this.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Decent quartz movement from the look of it. These are of limited collector interest, but if you like it...
    Agreed. A decent quartz watch all round but I'd suggest that it's value would be sentimental more than monetary. If the watch means something to you, reminds you of something; some time, some place or someone you'd like to remember then it's of value...to you.
    Alexander7 likes this.
    Current - Archimede Pilot 39 // Orient Bambino (Steel with black dial) // Seiko 5 - SNKL09 // Seiko SARB017 Alpinist // Lip GDG 145

Want list (Subject to change) - Tissot Heritage PR156 // Dugena Festa (Junghans Meister if the budget stretches) // Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT // Nomos Club // Longines Heritage Diver // Mido Commander Chronometer // Stowa Seatime // Stowa Fleiger T01 Testaf // Laco Vintage // March La.B AM3 Marron // G. Gerlach Tritium // Oris Chronoris // Glycine Airman SST 12 // Tutima Saxon One

If only* (Also subject to change) - Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra // Omega Speedmaster Chronograph // Sinn Model 140 st // Damasko Modell DK101 // Mühle Terranaut Trail // Genesis Lemania // Rolex Milgauss // Glash
    ütte Original Sixties Square Chronograph // Vulcain - Nautical Seventies and Cricket Extreme (I'm partial to Vulcain generally) // Grand Seiko Hi-Beat // Hajime Asaoka Tourbillon

*(AKA - not in this lifetime)

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Movement, a Ronda 7004 P to be precise, was introduced in 2008, so this might give you an idea. Yours does look like a Private Label Brand. The first model Ronda showcased came with the same hands but different dial. Just do a google pic search for Ronda 7004P.
    In 2010 Grovana launched a similar model and Grovana is known for doing PLB.
    Alexander7 likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Thanks everybody for your replies, I now know alot more about it than I did a couple of hours ago!

Am I right in assuming that mechanical automatic movement watches are usually more expensive and generally considered better quality than quartz movement watches? And can you tell it's automatic if the third hand 'sweeps' rather than ticks?

Thanks again everyone!,
    Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by supermundane View Post
    Agreed. A decent quartz watch all round but I'd suggest that it's value would be sentimental more than monetary. If the watch means something to you, reminds you of something; some time, some place or someone you'd like to remember then it's of value...to you.
    Thanks Supermundane. I understand what you're saying. It was given to me by a good friend so it does have value, to me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information