Can I get my ideal watch made for a reasonable price?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Can I get my ideal watch made for a reasonable price?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Can I get my ideal watch made for a reasonable price?

Is there anywhere or anyone that would put a watch together for me from a menu of parts? I now almost exactly what I'm after and there's no reason why it should be excessively expensive. For example in terms of movement I'd be happy with a Seagull ST21.

Is there anyone I can get in touch with? Thanks!

Made from scratch? Or are you just after a stock seagull model with a dial/hands/strap swap out?

Re: Can I get my ideal watch made for a reasonable price?

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Made from scratch? Or are you just after a stock seagull model with a dial/hands/strap swap out?
    Not sure is the honest answer. I'm after a PVD diver with black face, date, sword hands and super-luminova and am of the opinion that Seagull make the best reasonably priced automatic movements. From looking at their site I'd say it would have to be from scratch as they don't do a diver. Any ideas who to go to? Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by general_piffle View Post
    Not sure is the honest answer. I'm after a PVD diver with black face, date, sword hands and super-luminova and am of the opinion that Seagull make the best reasonably priced automatic movements. From looking at their site I'd say it would have to be from scratch as they don't do a diver. Any ideas who to go to? Thanks.
    Unless you want someone to mill you a case, paint a dial and cut some hands (which would cost an absolute fortune) I suggest you look at finding an almost perfect watch then adding suitable sword hands (you could get them relumed) and getting it pvd'd (though that alone will cost you a good few hundred bucks). Ideally find an already pvd case.

Seikos are probably the easiest to mod (you could even do it yourself); have a look at the Seiko 5 range - solid movement and interchangeable parts - you should be able to Frankenwatch yourself what you're after.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by watchma View Post
    Well yes - I did think there were plenty of matching models but figured the OP had done his research?!

Inactive

Yeah, just thought I'd throw the option in - at the (very good) price it's got most of the features wanted, maybe the hands are not completely right but anyway ...

The other option might be Kemmner (google erkahund) not sure if I've seen him make diver's although he has a diver style watch there right now describing it as a fleger?!

Maybe worth asking if he can source diver cases and then he could probably do the OP's original request? - seems to have done them in the past
    Last edited by watchma; August 26th, 2012 at 11:53.

Thanks for the suggestion watchma! But there are several things I don't like about that model:

1. The arabic 12
    2. The loupe / cyclops glass
    3. The mock (or real) carbon fibre in the bezel

I'm afraid I'm incredibly fussy, hence deciding perhaps getting exactly what I want made is the best option if it's not overly expensive...

I've also sent Kemmner an 'exploratory' email so thanks for that suggestion.

Inactive

No probs on the UHR, it was only a suggestion :)

This is the non-pvd Diver Roland (Kemmner) that has been done in the past I was referring to
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/kem...0m-451255.html

I've just googled "design your own watch" and found this site:

Dwatch design your own watch

I'm also sure I've seen an American site where you can custom build a watch from a good selection of dial/hand styles.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information