Can i play guitar and wear a mechanical watch without making damage to the watch?
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Can i play guitar and wear a mechanical watch without making damage to the watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can i play guitar and wear a mechanical watch without making damage to the watch?

hi guys this is my first post on wus but i've been a long time lurker around here...anyway this is maybe a stupid question but i just want to be sure since i'm pretty new to the world of mechanical watches...

i'm a professional guitar player,but just a year or so ago i became interested in mechanical watches...REALLY interested :) so my question is would mechanical watch suffer in accuracy or some kind of damage if i wear a,lets say automatic watch (btw. my new aquisition will be seiko srp307) on my wrist while playing the guitar?
    Also i'm right handed,and the watch will be on my left hand...so i was just wondering would all the shaking that goes on when i play guitar damage the watch in any way?

Cheers, Nenad

Re: Can i play guitar and wear a mechanical watch without making damage to the watch?

It shouldn't, I play casually and my watches don't seem to be affected by it.
    Eric Clapton and John Mayer are known WIS and often play the guitar with mechanical watches on their wrist.

Re: Can i play guitar and wear a mechanical watch without making damage to the watch?

Our grandfathers threw grenades and operated howitzers in the war wearing watches that didn't even have shock protection. Needless to say you'll be fine.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As long as by playing guitar you don't mean operating a jack hammer you will be fine
    cowboys5sb1997 likes this.

Idonbeleiveit

Strumming my pain with your fingers
    Singing my life with your words

Sent from my non-fruit phone
    Cobia and vouchez like this.

Acoustic only. And mandolin. Everything else is forbidden. Leave the watch off before you go anywhere near a silicon fuzz pedal. That is all.
    Domo likes this.
    Current Collection: Sinn U1; Omega Speedmaster 3570.50; Seiko SARB033; Casio PRW-3000-1A, G-5600A-7DR; Jaeger Le-Coultre Reverso Grande Taille; Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical ref. H69429931; A. Lange & Sőhne 1815 UP/DOWN; Swatch Sistem51, and some others...

thanks for the answers,i just wanted to be sure.

I once watched jimi hendrix smashed his guitars but not his watches (did he wear any?). You will be fine. Send me your youtube link jamming with yiur band, brother.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you find the bracelet awkward while playing, consider throwing on a NATO or zulu strap. Google "black monster NATO" for ideas.
    Last edited by hanshananigan; October 20th, 2014 at 16:35.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information