Can a person fall in love with a watch brand? I think I did..lol. IWC
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ricky

Thread: Can a person fall in love with a watch brand? I think I did..lol. IWC

Thumbs Up Can a person fall in love with a watch brand? I think I did..lol. IWC

I went to an AD in Cincinnati and they were given the go ahead by IWC to add the line to their store about 8 months ago and I, along with my Dad, finally made my way to them yesterday and fell instantly in love with IWC.

I tried on the Portguese Chrono-Automatic and Spitfire Mark XVI and now know what I want in a watch and found a few I want to add to my collection. The feel of both watches on the wrist were wonderful and I really liked the weight and size of the Chrono-Automatic and its beautiful dial. I also checked out the beautiful Pellaton movement in the Portguese Automatic. That is an amazing watch as well. Beautiful in every way.

They also had JLC and Chopard, but I kept going back to the IWC's. The JLC Reversos were amazing as well as the Master Control and Compressor lines, but the IWC watches just kept calling back to me.

Seeing them in person and trying them on converted me . I really like the Portuguese Chrono-Automatic and the Spitfire Mark XVI.

I just thought I would share my quick thoughts on IWC. Thank you for listening to my rant and rave.....

I do need to go back because there was another store across the street that carries Patek and I want to check them out, but the IWC is calling me. Oh the madness of it all.

Now my quest is to check out Ulysse Nardin and Glashütte Original.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Re: Can a person fall in love with a watch brand? I think I did..lol. IWC

The G.O. is a much better calling.

Absolutely............

I've owned over a dozen IWC's (Portuguese, DaVinci's, GST's, and Novacento's) and they're great Watches. I am currently in love
    with one brand and it's all I want to wear. This love affair is beginning its 5th year so I think it's permanent.

It sometimes takes a while but when you finally find what you love, its a great feeling.

KPB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Absolutely............

Which store is that Todd?
    I'd love to go have a drool.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Re: Absolutely............

Stafford Jewlers: 9573 Montgomery Road. Also across is James Free Jewelers.

There is a lot to drool over at Stafford Jewelers. Chopard, JLC and IWC. They are trying to add a few more brands and he mentioned Panerai and on other hot Swiss brand, but wouldn't tell me..State Secrets..lol. I would guess Ulysse Nardin or Zenith. Drool and have fun drooling. Look for my drool marks at the IWC counter.
    Last edited by thodgins; September 18th, 2006 at 15:36.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Re: Can a person fall in love with a watch brand? I think I did..lol. IWC

I've never seen an IWC watch in person, only on the net. Of all the watches I can certainly understand why you would choose them. They look like they are beautifully made.
    johnj likes this.

Thread Information