WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Can someone explain to me the point of the extra hands on this watch?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Jdivitto 
#1 ·
First time I've ever head of this brand but I like the design of the watch. The only thing holding me back is that I have no clue what the extra hands are for and it seems like it would be hard to read.
anyone know anything about this watch?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I'm not familiar with this watch, but I'm pretty sure that the three sets of hands all show the same time. The three "hours" hands and three "minutes" hands are arranged 33.3 degrees apart and rotate together.

You read the time by looking at what "hour" hand is on top of the "hours" scale to the right and what "minute" hand is in top of the "minute" scale to the left. In this photo, the blue hour hand is on the scale a bit past 9 and the yellow minute hand is in the scale at 25. It is 9:25.

#4 ·
I'm not familiar with this watch, but I'm pretty sure that the three sets of hands all show the same time. The three "hours" hands and three "minutes" hands are arranged 33.3 degrees apart and rotate together.

You read the time by looking at what "hour" hand is on top of the "hours" scale to the right and what "minute" hand is in top of the "minute" scale to the left. In this photo, the blue hour hand is on the scale a bit past 9 and the yellow minute hand is in the scale at 25. It is 9:25.
Ah yeah, that makes way more sense. Put my initial teply down to being a little crazy (and possibly 5 in the morning).

#3 ·
Here's what I can deduce:

All 3 long hands are attached to one piece at equal distances (120 degrees) from each other. The same is true of the shorter hands. The longer hands indicate seconds. Red for the first 20 seconds in a minute, then yellow, then blue. Because the long hands are fixed at equal distances the other 2 hands will always be far away enough not to be pointing to the seconds marking. The seconds indicator is also 120 degrees so you always have one hand pointing there.

As for the shorter hands, they're used for the date. The date counter is to the right. You have to use addition. If those numbers only went up to 11, the max 3 number combo you could get would be 9 plus 10 plus 11, which is only 30. As there can be up to 31 days in a month, you need up to the number 12.

The short red hand is used for dates 1st to 5th. You'll notice with where the yellow hand will point, if you add up the yellow and red numbers, you get dates 6th to 14th. Here you also have to factor in halfway dates between the numbers which aren't marked. When it's the short...wait...is that a date display or a 24 hour display? I'm finding this too confusing for 5 in the morning. I'll see if I can work it out tomorrow unless someone else has.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.