Can someone identify this watch for me?

Thread: Can someone identify this watch for me?

Can someone identify this watch for me?

I recently got a watch as a gift from my grandpa. He never wants to talk about it when I ask him the age etc.
    My mom says he had it when she was younger and I was lucky as my uncle never got it (her brother).
    So I was hoping maybe you guys can help me figuring this out.

The back says (blurry photo)
    Fond Acier
    Quartz

Here are some pictures I took with my mobile phone:

Re: Can someone identify this watch for me?

I suspect it is a fashion watch made for the French market. But a pic of the movement would provide more definitive information. It is most likely post 1985.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeeb View Post
    I suspect it is a fashion watch made for the French market. But a pic of the movement would provide more definitive information. It is most likely post 1985.
    Sadly I dont have the tools with me to open this up. I will try this weekend to open it at my parents house.
    Thanks for the guestimate on the year(s).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Handful of Seiko Quartz Chronos * Heuer Re-issue 1964 Pre-TAG Carrera chrono * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" Chrono * Baume & Mercier Formula S Chrono * Zenith "El Primero" HW Chrono * Mühle Glashütte Nautische Chrono * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” Chrono * Techné SparrowHawk II Chrono * Alpina Startimer Big-Date Chrono * Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" Chronos (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" chrono * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki chrono * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace chrono * Dan Henry 1939 chrono * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" chrono * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" chrono * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope *

Thread Information