Can we find a square or rectangular automatic at a decent price worth wearing?
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Can we find a square or rectangular automatic at a decent price worth wearing?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can we find a square or rectangular automatic at a decent price worth wearing?

I did do a search on this, but have not hit paydirt. I would like to find a square or rectangular watch, steel case, automatic, more dressy than sporty, small better than large, for less than $500, and I'm wondering if such a thing exists. To give you an idea of my taste, if price were no object, I like the Nomos Tetra and I really like the Girard Perregaux Vintage 1945. While looking for something else, I came across the Epos 3376, which looks nice and runs on a 2824-2, but I can't find any detailed commentary on it, so I'm at a loss concerning fit and finish, etc. It's available here and there in the $400 range, and if anyone has anything good or bad to say about it, I would be grateful.

To make this fun for everyone, I would love for folks to post pictures of any square or rectangular watches that they own or like. It seems that it is a less popular format these days, but I find them appealing.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Re: Can we find a square or rectangular automatic at a decent price worth wearing?

Vostok-Europe. Very reasonable. Check with russia2all.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Re: Can we find a square or rectangular automatic at a decent price worth wearing?

Look harder :)
    Orient has many.
    Splinter Faction likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hamilton has a square Jazzmaster that looks pretty nice.

Name:  mmK-Pj6k6O-sL7daoI-jKQg.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  7.5 KB
    Sent from my bathroom using [email protected]

Thanks, I like all those.

THE: United States of America, Juhryzee shauw

This is a kinda squarish almost rectangular and uses the ETA, for under $500.00
    tony20009 likes this.

Here are a few.

Granted all the Seikos are "vintage" but they are legitimate options for your consideration.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

You've gotten lots of good suggestions. I'll second the Orient (I have two and am impressed with both for the price). I'll also say that the Epos I have (not a square/rectangular) is well made with a nice finish, so I don't think you'd be disappointed with them.

Rotary
    :

Name:  Rotary Black.JPG
Views: 785
Size:  108.0 KB
    Name:  Rotary White.JPG
Views: 720
Size:  112.2 KB

Two watches for the price of one!

Caveat lector

Keep an eye out for Accutron 26b47, 48, 49 & 50 models. Although discontinued a couple of years ago they appear regularly on Ebay in new and near mint used condition. They use the respected 2824 movement, have a really attractive art deco style striped dial and a square crystal that is nicely curved and beveled.

Name:  ACCU-LE-6.JPG
Views: 1157
Size:  154.5 KB
    Last edited by John MS; November 1st, 2013 at 23:42.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information