Can you hear the rotor spinning if you put your auto watch close to your ear..
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Can you hear the rotor spinning if you put your auto watch close to your ear..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you hear the rotor spinning if you put your auto watch close to your ear..

while turning your wrist? if yes, what brand and models? I notice Rolexes are very quiet auto winders.

Re: Can you hear the rotor spinning if you put your auto watch close to your ear..

I can hear the rotor in my Damasko DA46. I have heard from one other Damasko owner that this is normal and that Damasko (at least the ones that use the ETA movement) are on the noisier side of the continuum.

Re: Can you hear the rotor spinning if you put your auto watch close to your ear..

No....I can't move my head that fast!
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The watch I wear most often is quite noisy, but they are known for it. It's a Valjoux 7750... lots of noise, but I enjoy hearing it.
    Current:
    Casio
    GW-3000M-4AER, PRG-60T; Citizen Navihawk A-T, E820, AS8009-53E, Wingman VI, 2100, BY0080-65E Blue Impulse, PMV65-2271 Promaster Sky, Blue Angels Navihawk; Steinhart Racetimer
    Soon:
    MTM Air Stryk PVD; Casio GW-9400-3ER Rangeman
    One day:
    Zenith 02.0240.410 Chronomaster ; Sinn 6026
    Good luck:
    Greubel Forsey Invention GMT; Breitling Montbrillant QP

When I flick my wrist exactly right while wearing my Kemmner California, Kemmner California Mit Automatikwerk Miyota 9015 ES Band | eBay , you can actually see the case vibrating from the Miyota 9015 rotor whipping around.

I can hear it on some of my Seiko 7S watches as well. Not at all on the Marine Master though.

My 7750 movement is by far the noiseist. I can even see it wobble a bit while wearing it on leather loosly on my wrist.

I acyually quite enjoy it. Lol

Its noisier than all my other mechanicals. But not in a bad way, to me at least.

Banned

Omega, GO, Chopard: yes. Rolex, Breguet, Blancpain, Panerai: no.

My ear is quite sensitive,I cannot hear Rolex movt,I still can hear ETA used inside older Pasha,ETA 2893,Seiko 8L35 and P900x,I can hear and feel 7750 used in Pams

My Breitling 7750 is very quiet for a watch with that movement. The spin is kind of there but no wobble at all. I suppose because of the case build. I feel cheated...

Both my JLC divers (Polaris '68 & MCDGMT) have noisy rotors, when held close to the ear they can be heard.
    Caveat lector

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information