Can you recommend a watch that looks like these?

Thread: Can you recommend a watch that looks like these?

Question Can you recommend a watch that looks like these?

I've done a lot of searching but every watch I find that has the kind of look I like ends up costing $5k which is much more than I am able to spend. I'm hoping you guys with your expert knowledge can help me find a watch that will work for me. Since I know you hate posts asking for recommendations that aren't specific enough I'm going to try to be specific here. Here is what's important to me, in order:

1. Price: I can spend $50-$250 max, no more
    2. Looks: Other than price, having the right look is the most important to me. See below for examples of the look I'm going for
    3. Durability: Ideally this watch will be very reliable and last me a long time with every day use, be scratch resistant, etc. I understand that quartz movement is more reliable so I'd probably lean towards that, which should help out on the price aspect as well

I don't mind buying used if that puts it in my price range. In fact, I probably prefer something a bit older or a bit more unique. Anything that you can point me towards or recommend would be great!

Here are a few watches I like the look of:

Re: Can you recommend a watch that looks like these?

Rotary has a cheap Navitimer homage:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f220/re...er-482353.html

Plenty of Seiko quartz chronographs. I'm sure you could find one with a similar look to the Daytona or Speedy but I'm afraid I don't recall any model numbers.

For the Daytona, you can checkout the Alpha Paul Newman

(pic taken from online)
    Are you watching closely?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog:
    http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/
    Instagram: @crazystrobist

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The first, look at a Citizen Nighthawk: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f281/co...ts-253986.html

Pic borrowed from there, tons of different variants:

The second, Seiko, again a borrowed pic from elsewhere on WUS (there are also a ton of variants on this watch):

Or perhaps this Deep Blue (from Deep Blue Watches | Home

Or this Citizen (borrowed from https://forums.watchuseek.com/f21/new...-529267.html):

Or rather more expensive, a Christopher Ward at C7 Rapide Chrono - Steel Bracelet - C7SKS - Chronograph - Tachymeter; Stopwatch; Superluminova - Swiss Made (follow the link, I can't find a decent pic):
    Name:  C7SKS_5.jpg
Views: 1225
Size:  17.6 KB

Wow thanks for the replies! That helped a lot. I learned to search for the watch I like + "homage" and I get a ton of results.

Really diggin' both of those Citizens, especially the Nighthawk...

Of course I like the harder-to-find white sliderule version best :-P

I would wear the citizen nighthawk before I wore an alpha paul newman daytona... or an "homage" anything, but that's just personal taste. I have had 2 nighthawks, and they are sweet. I'm actually thinking about buying a third... but I digress...

Do you *have* to have a chronograph feature? There are several seiko chronographs that will fit your criteria. Just google seiko chronograph or seiko alarm chronograph. I've had several and if you want to spend $250 you can get an absolutely awesome seiko. Also, if you have any interest at all in having digital windows on your watch, look at the citizen skyhawk AT - I've had 2 and, well, you know the rest... LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by tribble222 View Post
    Wow thanks for the replies! That helped a lot. I learned to search for the watch I like + "homage" and I get a ton of results.

Really diggin' both of those Citizens, especially the Nighthawk...

Of course I like the harder-to-find white sliderule version best :-P

Thread Information