Canadian buying from Jomashop
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Canadian buying from Jomashop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian buying from Jomashop

Registerd one year ago, but just lurking and learning here, this is actually my first post.

I am thinking to get a watch from Jomashop, and they have only one shipping option to Canada which is UPS. They uses UPS Standard ground shipping, which is too risky for those notorious hidden costs.

At check out, I can choose pay duty and tax in advance, instead of COD. If I pay duty and tax in advance, does that mean UPS will not charge me extra "brokerage fee" at delivery?

Re: Canadian buying from Jomashop

Yes, I believe there will be no additional charges at arrival with that payment option.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchNRolla View Post
    Yes, I believe there will be no additional charges at arrival with that payment option.
    Thanks, that's good to hear. :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by airsama View Post
    Registerd one year ago, but just lurking and learning here, this is actually my first post.

I am thinking to get a watch from Jomashop, and they have only one shipping option to Canada which is UPS. They uses UPS Standard ground shipping, which is too risky for those notorious hidden costs.

At check out, I can choose pay duty and tax in advance, instead of COD. If I pay duty and tax in advance, does that mean UPS will not charge me extra "brokerage fee" at delivery?
    Best to confirm with Jomashop and UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Best to confirm with Jomashop and UPS.
    Yup.

I ordered something via jamashop with that payment option and I paid no further fees. But it's probably best just to confirm with them. Delivery of things like watches across the border are always tricky and things can vary from province to province.

Jomashop offer great prices, but if you intended to buy a watch with an inhouse movement be aware that the manufacturer warranty is void. Jomashop offers their own warranty, but they can't service or repair inhouse movements for lack of tools and parts. So, should you have an issue with the watch, any repair costs by the manufacturer will have to come out of your own pocket.
    Last edited by T1meout; July 28th, 2014 at 23:55.

Thanks everyone, this is really a great community!

Quote Originally Posted by T1meout View Post
    Jomashop offer great prices, but if your intended to buy a watch with an inhouse movement be aware that the manufacturer warranty is void. Jomashop offers their own warranty, but they can't service or repair inhouse movements for lack of tools and parts. So, should you have an issue with the watch, any repair costs by the manufacturer will have to come out of your own pocket.
    Wow, how do you know I am gonna get an in-house movement? You are reading my mind!

Thanks for the advice, I am just about to pull the trigger. I decide not to take the risk, save the money for future watch purchase. :)
    T1meout likes this.

Jamashop is tricky for Canadians because of all the tax and duty we have to pay to get it into the country. You basically have to pay ~20% on top of the list price. In a lot of cases, you might as well just buy from an AD that will have it at a similar price.

Sometimes you can find stuff a lot cheaper than AD but that's not the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by airsama View Post
    Thanks everyone, this is really a great community!

Wow, how do you know I am gonna get an in-house movement? You are reading my mind!

Thanks for the advice, I am just about to pull the trigger. I decide not to take the risk, save the money for future watch purchase. :)
    Glad I could help. Good luck with the hunt!
    airsama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchNRolla View Post
    Jamashop is tricky for Canadians because of all the tax and duty we have to pay to get it into the country. You basically have to pay ~20% on top of the list price. In a lot of cases, you might as well just buy from an AD that will have it at a similar price.

Sometimes you can find stuff a lot cheaper than AD but that's not the norm.
    I did go to a local AD (Birks) to try that model, but when I asked if I can get any discount, the sales just said "no discount on brand watches". I am totally fine to pay a little more than Jomashop to get manufacturer's warranty, just not the full MSRP plus tax. Maybe I should try another AD.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information