Can't find comfortable sizing on my TAG bracelet!
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Can't find comfortable sizing on my TAG bracelet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't find comfortable sizing on my TAG bracelet!

Hello all,

I thought to post here first before trying the TAG-specific forum, however I'll move the thread there if necessary.

The issue I'm having is with my favorite watch, the "Bourne" TAG Link shown below:

Name:  57219351305__384213CD-BF44-41AE-A568-078985CEAA9B.jpeg
Views: 49
Size:  70.8 KB

I had a couple of links removed from the bracelet over the winter/colder months and the watch fit just right, however when I attempt to wear it during the summer it feels too snug. I know that it's to be expected as the wrist will expand a bit, however I'd hate to keep having to add or remove links this frequently.

Is this a common problem to have? Thanks in advance for the input.

It is common that a bracelet can fit loose or snug depending on the season. The bad thing with the link series from tag heuer is that it is the only bracelet you can wear.

If strap options were available I would have kept my link, but I however exchanged it for my aqua terra I'm wearing now. To stop from adding and removing links wear the bracelet slightly loose. What I mean is you should be able to slide a finger underneath the bracelet comfortably. The most it should slide down your wrist is an inch or two.

Re: Can't find comfortable sizing on my TAG bracelet!

I’m fortunate in one sense, my wrist has so little meat on it that it’s the same size winter and summer. That said there are some watches that I just seem unable to get the ideal fit with. My Oris 65 is a lovely watch but I just don’t seem to be able to get the fit just as I want it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Yes, its been a common issue for decades before brands started developing quick adjust bracelets, but not all brands have adopted it as standard yet (one of the many, many signs of how slow things advanced in the watch industry). However, a copy of links sounds excessive. Sizing is different for everyone as preferences vary from too tight to very loose. I prefer mine to be a only a little loose when my wrist is not expanded, because I hate it when it is too loose, but the downside is that it is a little tight when my wrist expands. Maybe try a rubber strap if it really bothers you?

You took two links out - try putting one back and see if you can live with that arrangement over the course of the year.

My preference is slightly loose over slightly tight. With some watches on the bracelet you have to choose.
    BarracksSi and shemp55 like this.
    Cheers

M

Current collection: Glycine Combat 6 GL0106, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical H694190, Seiko Sarb 033, Citizen "Ray Mears" BN0118-55E , Casio Edifice EF-503D-1A, VSA Alliance, Citizen NY0040-09e, Seiko "Turtle" SBDY015, Lorus field watch RXF41AX7, Pulsar field watch PS9045, Seiko 5 SNXS77, SNXS73, Favre Leuba Vintage watch.
    Gone but not forgotten: Oris Big Crown Propilot, Seiko SKX009, Orient Star Classic, Citizen "Excalibur" BN0100-51E, Citizen NP4020-51A, Citizen BM8180-03E, Citizen BM6400-00e, VSA Officers day date
    Capture and release: Oris BC3, Hamilton Khaki Field, Timefactors Speedbird 3, Citizen World Timer CB0027-51E

Quote Originally Posted by sticky View Post
    I’m fortunate in one sense, my wrist has so little meat on it that it’s the same size winter and summer. That said there are some watches that I just seem unable to get the ideal fit with. My Oris 65 is a lovely watch but I just don’t seem to be able to get the fit just as I want it.
    Similar here. My wrist size probably only varies about 5mm in circumference between hot and cold, which is only about half a link on most watches with bracelets that I've owned. I don't have too many bracelets, but I tend to try to size them to be comfortable if not just a hair snug when my wrist is at its largest and deal with them just being a bit loose when cold. I might play with micro-adjustment holes on the clasp seasonally (if I have any), but I try to avoid the whole add/remove links regularly game. Latest watch has a quick-adjust clasp and that feature is just fantastic.