Can't Get Watch Back Back On
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sodiac

Thread: Can't Get Watch Back Back On

Can't Get Watch Back Back On

I just changed the battery in an old Movado Juro I've had sitting idle for a couple years. Everything has been smooth sailing up until I tried to put the back on.

It just won't take. I'm at a lost. Any ideas? I have no watch tools besides the back remover.

Re: Can't Get Watch Back Back On

Nevermind. Sometimes just asking the question gets you thinking. I eventually wrapped the watch in a thick soft cloth, took two quarters and put on both sides and slowly applied pressure with a tiny locking pliers. Took another pliers and popped it in.

What a pain.

Anyone have an easier way to do this without the proper tools and a pesky backing?
    Last edited by hasten; December 4th, 2011 at 22:17.

I used to take them to the local Walmart jewelry counter and sweet talk the lady into letting me use their watch back press. Then, I just bought a cheap generic press off the bay for less than $20. It does the job.
    cottontop
    "What's time to a hog?" Junior Samples

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hasten View Post
    Nevermind. Sometimes just asking the question gets you thinking. I eventually wrapped the watch in a thick soft cloth, took two quarters and put on both sides and slowly applied pressure with a tiny locking pliers. Took another pliers and popped it in.

What a pain.

Anyone have an easier way to do this without the proper tools and a pesky backing?
    Get the correct tool, they're cheap enough and you can change the batteries for all your friend's watches: How to Replace a Watch Battery - webWatchWorld
    corn cob kid likes this.

Sodiac
    Too many watches, only two wrists and never enough time...

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    Get the correct tool, they're cheap enough and you can change the batteries for all your friend's watches: How to Replace a Watch Battery - webWatchWorld
    I did. I hadn't had any problems getting the backs back on before so never needed the correct tool. Thick cloth, and something to apply a bit of pressure and voila.

I have to say I impressed myself with my two quarters and tiny vice rig though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodiac View Post
    Get the right tool for the job, always make life easier. Got my case back press off ebay for about $20, works like a champ. Loaned it to another member of WUS when he could not get a case back on one of his.
    The Kid.

(ok, so I'm not that young but try to live like I am...)

Thread Information