• 1 Post By bsaget
  • 1 Post By FernandoValenzuela
  • 4 Post By ilitig8
  • 1 Post By falcon4311
  • 6 Post By Domo
  • 1 Post By estevezj777

Thread: can't make descion between two watches

can't make descion between two watches

hi this is my first post on this website so bear with me if it doesn't meet the crazy complicated requirements. I want to purchase a new citizen eco-drive because they are accurate, self-sustaining and elegant. The only thing is i've come down to two watches and i can't seem to make a desicion. The first one is the BM7170-53L(pic one) and the other is the BU2010-57L(pic two). They are both cost the same, are eco-drives and have a Japan quartz movement which I am fine with. The only thing is each of them has a couple of faults. The BM has a titanium body which i've heard is more prone to scratching and not as durable as stainless, but it does have a sapphire crystal glass which is really durable and would suit me. The BU has a stainless steel body and an easier to replace strap but no sapphire crystal it has a chronograph and a couple jimmy-jams that i could live without. Over all i like the sleek design of the BM but I'm concerned with the titanium. The BM isn't as sleek or as elegant but it has all dem bells and whistles. ---Any and all opinions or refrences will help thank you for your time---

pic one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005MKGQMY/ref=s9_simh_gw_p241_d0_i2?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf _rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=02Q2N3RZ0HWW2KXKV3RP&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

pic two http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-BU2010.../dp/B00KCF7JHU
    estevezj777 likes this.

Re: can't make descion between two watches

Purely on looks, I'd take the 2nd one. The mineral crystal vs the sapphire is a valid concern but mostly depends on where you'll be wearing it and what you'll be doing. Titanium vs Stainless is more of a matter of personal preference. I prefer steel but I like to feel the heft of a watch on my wrist.
    Last edited by FernandoValenzuela; October 22nd, 2014 at 01:18.
    bsaget likes this.
    Current rotation (alphabetical order):
    Fortis: B-42 Marinemaster
    Glycine: Airman SST Chrono
    Hamilton: Intra-matic, X-Wind
    Oris: Artelier Small Second Pointer Date, TT1 Small Seconds 1000m Diver

Based on looks and the specs looks, I would go with the first one. The sapphire crystial is nice, but I don't like having an integrated strap. One thing I once heard about making a tough choice like this is to flip a coin. If you are relived with what you flip, go with that one. If you think "Well... Maybe again" go with what you didn't land on.

OWN
    G-Shock
    GW-530A, GA-100-1A1, G-9300-1 Mudman
    Marathon
    JSAR
    Seiko
    SKX007K2
    Swatch
    High Wonder

INCOMING
    Maratac
    Large Pilot 2013
    Russian
    AChS-1 pannel clock

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Prefer the cleaner lines and dial of your first choice OP. Both nice looking watches though...

On looks I think I would take a BM <see what I did there? :)

In any case I would bet you would get far more in-depth and interesting responses is you post this in the Citizen/Seiko subforum. It is an asylum there and a lot of members don't get day passes to be able to come into F2.
    Domo, ChiefWahoo, GlennO and 1 others like this.

I've decided that you should buy the second one, now head on out and make it happen.
    inhaus likes this.

VIEW MY SALES FEEDBACK>>>>HERE

/¯¯l¯¯¯l¯¯[_\__\]
    l¯¯ l¯¯¯l¯¯¯L-_O|||||||O_
    ¯()_)¯¯¯¯¯¯()_)¯¯¯¯¯()_)

^^^ I see what you did there ;)

OP, If I may be so rude, but to offer a different suggestion? The Seiko SAGZ045 has a lovely looking blue dial, stainless steel, sapphire crystal, multi-band radio sync (Hopefully "under my bed" is in either China, Japan or USA, where it will receive signal) solar recharging, all for about $450 ish. And being from the Brightz lineup, I think the quality will be a step up from what you're considering. I think it's also quite pretty. 42mm.

Name:  img58701568.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  72.5 KB

That's quite a nice watch. I'd probably go for it, only problem is it's just a wee bit over my price range
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything
    would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

-Alice Kingsleigh

I vote for the cleaner look (the 1st one) - it's uncomplicated, easy to read and elegant.
    bsaget likes this.
    "Other things being equal, simpler explanations are generally better than more complex ones"... Occam's razor

I think I'm going to go with the BM because I tend to have a very bad track record of bumping into thingd with my watch. I'm pretty sure I'm cursed. Either that or my house was built on an indian burial ground or some crap like that. But anyway thank all of you for your help and advice with my dilemma. Thanks again!
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything
    would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

-Alice Kingsleigh

Thread Information