Can't pull the trigger on one- *Updated with my new pickup!*

View Poll Results: Which is the best addition for my collection?

Voters
42. This poll is closed
  • Oris Complication

20 47.62%
  • Oris Skeleton

3 7.14%
  • TAG Heuer Aquaracer

14 33.33%
  • Baume & Mercier Riviera

5 11.90%
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Can't pull the trigger on one- *Updated with my new pickup!*

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Banned

Can't pull the trigger on one- *Updated with my new pickup!*

Hey all- don't post a ton here and my profile is far out of date in terms of my collection, but I need a bunch of quick feedback here to help me stop second guessing myself. I already have a higher end diver and some nice affordable models (Omega 2254.50 + Halios BlueRing Deep Blue Juggernaut, Seiko Orange Monster, ect.) and a few nice dress pieces (Tag Carerra, Oris Bob Dylan, Hamilton Open Heart, Tissot Le Locle & PRC200 Chronograph, ect.)- what I want now is something that is unique from what's already in my boxes but within my budget at the moment. What I've narrowed it down to are the following, colors and all included:
    1) Oris Artelier Complication
    Name:  complication.jpg
Views: 732
Size:  105.3 KB
    2) Oris Artelier Skeleton
    Name:  Skeleton.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  133.1 KB
    3)TAG Heuer Aquaracer Calibre 5
    Name:  tag.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  78.6 KB
    4) Baume & Mercier Riviera
    Name:  BM.jpg
Views: 632
Size:  61.5 KB
    What direction would you go for pure value both as an addition to what I already own, and as compared to each other (all would run me +/- $200 of the rest)?
    Last edited by HamiltonAddict; December 13th, 2011 at 14:26.

v76

Re: Can't pull the trigger on one- down to two Oris models, a TAG or a Baume & Mercier...

The Oris Artelier Complication, hands down! It's tough to get a quality watch at that price with those complications, looks great, and it will add diversity to your collection.
    CitizenM likes this.
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Re: Can't pull the trigger on one- down to two Oris models, a TAG or a Baume & Mercier...

+1 on Oris Artelier Complication. Taking into acct your requirements and what you already have it's a no brainer. I ruled out the Oris Skeleton because you already have a Hamilton Open Heart, with a visible movement. If you are looking for a unique piece as you have stated, the Tag AR 300m is not for you. A nice diver yes, but I would not call it unique. The B&M Riviera has that nicely shaped bezel which makes it unique, but I have seen this model and it seems much smaller than 40mm, and I have also read reviews where those who purchased this watch were also disappointed in its size. I think the chrono version is larger, though more expensive.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love Oris, but I hate those two models. I don't like moonphase watches and the skeleton looks like a Chinese eBay watch. The Heuer is more visually appealing to me than the Baume et Mercier, so I choose the Aquaracer.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Artelier Complication for me as well, though I for more $ I would prefer the Artix to that model:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

I see a conflict. What is your price point. These do not come close to matching. The Baume, I have seen this go for less than $700 online recently and a chrono at that. The Oris, around a $1000 and the Tag from $700 used to a grand in near mint. As a resale item, the Tag will get the most value as it is so close in style to the Omega Sea Master yet you really have to be sure you are getting the right movement as some are seeing asian movements creep into the Tag line up and may not be up front about it. See Forums on this
    As a forum member, may I suggest a visit to a sponsor site. See what the Watchseller has in his line up. I w check and they have some Oris, Baume and Tags on there that may rock your boat. Apologies if this offends the moderators, I am trying to be helpful and I do not have any connection. Also, unique is check Ocean7 site, or the forum on WUS. After a long search on the same subject I landed there. Bought the LM2c ti. Different... yeah. Like a Bremont and maybe some other, yet looks cannot be beat nor the movement price

I like the B&M for it's cool style, bracelet that blends nicely with the case, and unique crown. I didn't know it wore small, though.

Now that the votes are allover the place, does that help?

I'd take a look at the Perrelet Power Reserve on bracelet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tomsimac View Post
    I see a conflict. What is your price point. These do not come close to matching.
    Range is anywhere up to $1400- or, if I could keep it under $800 for a nice piece, I could snag a second model I've been eyeing for a while from a second boutique brand too.

These are all at the same price based on what I could find on reputable online sellers I've used before- they are all on weekly/daily closeouts or such, but are all models I've eyed for a while in the past. The Complication is the first watch I ever wanted, actually- but I got talked into the Tag Carerra by the shop owner first (and wisely so; I got a much better deal compared to retail or online pricing than offered for the Oris).

I would ideally get a 1000m Oris diver of some sort- either a Small Second, Titan, or (would even go up to $1600 for one) a Great Barrier Reef. The only requirement is that I want a bracelet regardless of model.

No contest. The Artelier Complication blows them out of the water. I've held it, the skeleton and the TAG and really, there's just no competition.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information