Cape Cod love
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Preston

Thread: Cape Cod love

Cape Cod love

Hey Cats,

Got home a few hours ago from a very difficult appointment with my Rheumatologist who was chock full of great news about my future So on orders to veg out for the day to let the cortisone injections to take hold I decided to amuse myself while cruising about the house in my wheels.

Dug the old Rodania out of the junk box to see if it'll go a few days, got it going and currently timing it, movement cleaning, case cleaning, crystal polish blah blah blah, I love the stunning tiger eye dial....so 70's, quickset day date, AS 1099 movement (I think, it was difficult to make even with my loop). Just needs a crystal, back into the junk box, maybe I'll have something in there. Hit it with some sand paper to take most of the finish off and to reveal the brass underneath to highlight the edges, then added a uniform brushed finish, then Cape Cod, Cape Cod, Cape Cod, threw on a crappy leather strap and viola! A pretty cool little watch salvaged from the junk box of death

Also hit the Nicolet to bring a gentle shine up on it as it was basically flat grey looking with the gazillion scratches, was very careful to not take any material off though, just a gentle wipe down really. It's amazing what a minute or two with a Cape Cod cloth can do Too bad it's not staying in the collection though.

Ok outta the chair and back to bed, c'mon cats snuggle time with Pops!

Peace,
    Preston
    sidakumar likes this.
    Omega, Tissot, Panerai, G-Shock, Timex, Swiss Army watch fan

Re: Cape Cod love

Sounds like a better way to spend time than watching TV. I'd love to be able to service my watches - I keep meaning to buy a cheap mechanical and some tools and get to it. And a lesson from TZ.

Next time remember to take 'before' photos!

That Nicolet's awesome; love the font & parchment-lookin dial. Looks like it just came off Lucky Lindy's wrist!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Guys!
    Peace,
    Preston
    Omega, Tissot, Panerai, G-Shock, Timex, Swiss Army watch fan

Thread Information