WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Cartier Tank Solo vs. JLC Reverso

8K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Gussie 
#1 ·
I am looking for a new watch and want either a Tank Solo ($2500) or a JLC Reverso ($4200). Since I want prefer a quartz model, I was wondering if a quartz JLC is worth the extra money. These are both the low end basic ladies quartz models.

Thank you for your thoughts.

#3 · (Edited)
For a lady? Cartier, no question.

Regards,
Alysandir

EDIT: She'll know what a Cartier is, and more importantly, her girlfriends will know what it is. The Reverso - unless they're watch people - will leave them scratching their heads as to why you "cheaped out" and didn't get her Cartier. (The presumption being that Cartier has more name recognition and thus, must be more expensive. )

#6 ·
Tank, for me. However, IMO, the Tank is a dressier look and less versatile. The JLC (especially on bracelet) would be fairly dressy and more of an everyday watch. I'd save the extra money. You could buy a decent $500 to $1,000 watch as a sportier, everyday watch, if you think you need one, and still be money ahead.

#9 ·
Definitely try them on, the Reverso wears very differently than the Tank.

I'm partial to the Tank, but the JLC is a stunner too!

Reactions: Gussie
#13 ·
Reactions: Gussie
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.