This week I had the battery replaced in my Casio AQF-100 which I have had for about 4 years. However now the watch functions/displays differently to what is was. And before you say to read the manual, I did, and it no longer corresponds with how the watch is now functioning.
The battery was changed by a general kiosk watch repair place, not a through Casio.
Examples of Changes:
The watch keeps time correctly, alarms sound when set, temperature seems correct etc. So apart from the watch no longer corresponding to the manual, and the tide/moon not working the rest seems to be working correctly.
- The day of the week and date used to be displayed (eg. Sun-30 as per photos in link) now it displays month/day (eg. 3-30).
- When setting the time/alarm the button to go backwards does nothing, however the light button will adjust backwards. This also means the light cannot be activated when adjusting the time/alarm.
- The stop watch has changed the way it works and displays SPL (a split lap time mode?), and there is a new function REC to look at the saved laptime information.
- The World Time function has no cities to choose from.
- The tide and moon phase graphs cycle through rapidly (a full moon and tide cycle over in about 10 minutes)
- Unable to set the longitude and lunitidal data nfo for tide/moon information.
- Unable to display the temperature tendency graph.
Has anybody experienced this before?
Am I able to set it back to the way it was?
In case it matters this watch was bought from a retail store in Australia December 2007. The model number on the back is AQF-100 and the four digit number is 4335.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.