Casio AQF-100 Functions Differently After Battery Change

Thread: Casio AQF-100 Functions Differently After Battery Change

Casio AQF-100 Functions Differently After Battery Change

Hi All,

This week I had the battery replaced in my Casio AQF-100 which I have had for about 4 years. However now the watch functions/displays differently to what is was. And before you say to read the manual, I did, and it no longer corresponds with how the watch is now functioning.

The battery was changed by a general kiosk watch repair place, not a through Casio.

Examples of Changes:
    • The day of the week and date used to be displayed (eg. Sun-30 as per photos in link) now it displays month/day (eg. 3-30).
    • When setting the time/alarm the button to go backwards does nothing, however the light button will adjust backwards. This also means the light cannot be activated when adjusting the time/alarm.
    • The stop watch has changed the way it works and displays SPL (a split lap time mode?), and there is a new function REC to look at the saved laptime information.
    • The World Time function has no cities to choose from.
    • The tide and moon phase graphs cycle through rapidly (a full moon and tide cycle over in about 10 minutes)
    • Unable to set the longitude and lunitidal data nfo for tide/moon information.
    • Unable to display the temperature tendency graph.
    The watch keeps time correctly, alarms sound when set, temperature seems correct etc. So apart from the watch no longer corresponding to the manual, and the tide/moon not working the rest seems to be working correctly.

Has anybody experienced this before?
    Am I able to set it back to the way it was?

In case it matters this watch was bought from a retail store in Australia December 2007. The model number on the back is AQF-100 and the four digit number is 4335.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Chris.

Re: Casio AQF-100 Functions Differently After Battery Change

Many quartz digital watches have a reset that is accomplished with some combination of buttons. If available try that. If that doesn't work try resetting by removing the battery for at least 10 minutes. Finally, try posing your question on the WUS Casio forum.

lvt

Maybe it's time to read your watch's manual one more time :P
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just to follow this up, I performed an all clear and all is back to normal.

Banned

That's a relief. Id've expected it to automatically reset to default, but not to act the way it did. Still, that's what the reset function is for!

Thread Information