Are casio edifice worth it?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Are casio edifice worth it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Are casio edifice worth it?

I saw this casio edifice and thought it looked good and it even had a chronograph. But what's bothering me is the movement, I mean it has the japan movement logo on it and it is supposed to be genuine and all, but is it a good watch? Are the casio edifice brands good? And I wonder if this particular watch ( ef 560 with brown dial) is a good casio model?

I'm not sure about the functions though, I know that the big second hand is the actual chronograph and the small one (small bottom) is the real second hand. What is the left window , it says "01 , 02, 03, 04, 05"?

Thanks
    Last edited by Agphys; January 13th, 2014 at 23:50.

Re: Are casio edifice worth it?

It depends on what your definition of "good" is and what you are looking for in a watch. They are dependable, quartz watches that can offer multiple complications. If you like the looks of one and the money feels right, I say go for it. They are definitely a good bang for the buck :). If you decide to make the purchase, post up a review for those with future questions like yours!
    Do something exceptionally mediocre today

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

I'm not familiar with that specific watch, but I would make an educated guess that the 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 subdial is a countdown timer.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You might want to ask over on the Affordables forum, where perhaps someone familiar with that model is more likely to respond.

Whether or not you think the watch is worth it depends largely on you and whether you want it on your wrist for whatever reason. While the looks turn me off--that's just a matter of personal taste--I've never read of anyone being disappointed by Casio from the point of view of functionality and dependability.

I prefer cleaner, more traditional designs and would recommend looking at Seiko quartz chronographs. But if the Casio speaks to you, go ahead. You'll likely get many years of good service out of it.
    Der Amf likes this.
    Current Rotation: Seiko SARB017, Seiko SARB035, Seiko SKX013, Seiko World Timer (c. 1970).
    Box Sitters: 1972 Zodiac Astrographic (Yeah, baby!), Patek Calatrava (I bring that out for special occasions).

The edifice is pretty popular in the Affordable forum.

I have one, albeit a non-chronograph model on a rubber strap.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140106_191214 (800x600).jpg 
Views:	1762 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	1344974

But from my experiences so far, I would say they're decent enough and dependable watch. The movement is accurate and durable, like a Casio really...

I have never owned an Edifice, but I've had a few Casios. They have always been good watches that are a great value. But if you are even a little bit of a techie, you should look at a 5-motor model.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=limxWRRa0n0
    ChiefWahoo likes this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

I had an Edifice chrono and it was excellent for what it was: a $100 quartz chronograph. If you like tech-style watches, they're hard to beat. Casio stand behind their products and most of them can take a beating. I only sold mine because something else replaced it in the rotation. I'd own one again in a heartbeat. The only thing I found a tad disappointing was the bracelet was on the light side and Casio offered no way to get extra links for it short of buying another bracelet for $70+shipping (the watch was $102). But it looked awesome on NATOs, both nylon and leather.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using a monkey.

Not familiar with that model but Casio makes a great watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Agphys View Post
    I'm not sure about the functions though, I know that the big second hand is the actual chronograph and the small one (small bottom) is the real second hand. What is the left window , it says "01 , 02, 03, 04, 05"?

Thanks
    Found this online:

Analog: 3 hands (hour, minute, stopwatch seconds),
    4 dials (timekeeping 24-hour, timekeeping second / stopwatch 1/20 seconds, stopwatch hours, stopwatch minutes)

The top is timekeeping seconds. Right is 24-hr. Left is elapsed hours (max is 4:59:59)
    Not sure what the bottom is but it's described as "Fast-moving retrograde dial at 6 o’clock"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information