Casio G-Shock Sync Trouble...Need Help

Thread: Casio G-Shock Sync Trouble...Need Help

Casio G-Shock Sync Trouble...Need Help

Hello all. I'm not sure if this is in the right forum, if not please move mods.

I have a Casio G-Shock Waveceptor/Tough Solar that will not sync up and update the time. Where the satellite symbol usually is there is now an "E". It has not synced up since 3/9 and it will not sync up if I do it manually.

I have included a pic of the face where the "E" is and the last update time. I have not been able to find anything about this anywhere. I called Casio and they simply, and rudely to be quite frank, gave me a website to go to so I could send it in for repair, on my dime of course. I've had this watch for 4-5 years.

Does anyone have any info on this. Is this an easy fix or something that requires being sent in for repair?

Thanks all.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Casio G-Shock Sync Trouble...Need Help

Whereabouts in the world are you? There are only a limited amount of transmitters sending out the signal (Fort Collins in the US, Rugby England, Mainflingen Germany plus two in Japan) so a lot will depend on your location in comparison to those...

I cannot remember exactly, so check your manual to be sure for the exact details, but you will get better reception in borderline areas if you position the watch in certain ways - place it with 12 o'clock pointing in the direction of the appropriate transmitter, and try and position it in the area best suited to radio reception - traditionally in a window and as free from direct obstruction as possible.
    The other dependant is just the weather too - certain conditions can enhance or damage radio signals as they travel, so you may get better signal as the weather changes.

The one other thing to remember is that even if it doesn't sync, you still have a watch with the traditional quartz accuracy, so going a month without a signal update still only leaves you 20 seconds or so out at worst...

For questions on the G Shocks though, it might be worth checking in the G Shock forum if you are still having trouble, where more of the relevant guys should be able to spot your post.

Re: Casio G-Shock Sync Trouble...Need Help

I'm in Ohio and this is the first time this has happened the whole time I've owned this watch.

I wasn't aware of the g-shock forum so thanks for the heads up. I'll post it over there.

Thread Information