Casio protrek authenticity
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By John MS

Thread: Casio protrek authenticity

im buying a prw 5100 off a guy on the net. He has sent me pics of the watch but im not sure how to confirm if its real...
    Could anyone who has just purchased one recently help me confirm if its real. i could fwd the pics via email. I ha e pics of tue watch from all angles, as well as the box and label etc...
    Any help appreciated.

Re: Casio protrek authenticity

Buy the seller, not the watch. Is he reputable? If not then how do you know that the pictures are of the watch you'll receive (if, indeed, you'll receive one at all). You paying by PayPal? If its fake you can file a complaint and get your money back.

Edit: if the seller is reputable then you're probably okay.
    Last edited by geoffbot; December 26th, 2012 at 15:13.

What do you know about the guy on the net that you are about to send money to? Do you trust him to send a watch that is new and not used?
    V.I.T. likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It's on eBay. The seller has 50+ feedback score with 100% rating. It was apparently an unwanted gift. Buy it now was $299 but I won it at $270. Shipping here to aus is $30. There was a pic on eBay, AMD he has emailed me plenty of detailed pics. He said his uncle bought it and is almost certain its genuine. I said I want him to confirm that before sending it.

I will be paying with PayPal.

I believe the pics he sent me are of the watch, Bush would really like someone to take a look and verify it's real.

Here are some pics. They are screen shots off my phone because they were too large to attach.
    Attached Images Attached Images

anyone own one who can let me know by the pics??

Quote Originally Posted by eboost View Post
    Here are some pics. They are screen shots off my phone because they were too large to attach.
    Since you now own the watch the best course is to take delivery and look up online pictures. Also contact some local Casio dealers and see if they have one like it in stock.

Is there something about the pictures that is making you question autbenticity after buying the watch? I've been active on several watch boards since 2000 and have yet to read of a counterfeit Casio.
    Last edited by John MS; December 28th, 2012 at 03:42.

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    Since you now own the watch the best course is to take delivery and look up online pictures. Also contact some local Casio dealers and see if they have one like it in stock.

Is there something about the pictures that is making you question autbenticity after buying the watch? I've been active on several watch boards since 2000 and have yet to read of a counterfeit Casio.

I don't own it yet. These pics are from the seller...

As for a fake Casio.. Sorry to break your 13 year run.. but please see below..

The watch below is why im so suspect of a fake..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by eboost View Post
    I don't own it yet. These pics are from the seller...

As for a fake Casio.. Sorry to break your 13 year run.. but please see below..

The watch below is why im so suspect of a fake..
    You won the auction - you do pretty much own it...

The point about the fake Casio is that they just aren't real common. I mean, really, how likely is it that somebody would fake this jewel of a wristwatch?

Sorry to be a jerk but if you were suspicious then you shouldn't have bought it - at this point it seems that your best option is to pay for it, as you agreed to do. If you somehow can definitively prove that it's a fake - file a claim through PayPal.

EDIT: Life's too short to second guess yourself over a possibly fake Casio. Just see what happens and go from there.
    Last edited by ken_sturrock; December 30th, 2012 at 18:25.

Looks legit to me (looks just like one that I own)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356888401.310347.jpg
Views: 2215
Size:  91.0 KB

You realize that you won't be able to use the RC feature of the watch in Australia (with the possible exception of northern Queensland).
    Sabresoft

Breitling Airwolf Raven | Certina
    DS2 PreciDrive | Christopher Ward C70 Brooklands COSC | Maurice Lacroix Miros Chrono Diver COSC | Sinn UX

Casio G-Shock GW3500B-1A | Casio Pro Trek PRW5100-1 | Citizen Attesa ATD53-3081 |
    Citizen Blue Angels World Time Chronograph AT | Citizen SS Skyhawk AT | Citizen Red Arrows Skyhawk AT |
    Citizen Satellite Wave-Air | Seiko Astron SAST005

Campanola Grand Complication AH4000-01X | Citizen Titanium Skyhawk | Independent Black ITA21-5141 |
    Timex IQ Flyback Chronograph T2N700ZL

αlpha Carbon | duBois Rotomatic | Maurice Lacroix Miros (Automatic) Diver

Parker 61 Fountain Pen | Parker 45 Brushed Stainless Fountain Pen, Ball Point & Pencil | Parker 45 Bronze & Gold Fountain Pen | Parker Sonnet Fountain Pen | Parker Insignia Ball Point & Pencil | Parker 75 Sterling Silver Ball Point & Pencil | Parker 50 Fountain Pen & Pencil | Parker Jotter x 2

Thread Information