Casual watch with multifunction

Thread: Casual watch with multifunction

Casual watch with multifunction

I am looking for a casual "looking" watch with functions like temperature, compass, altimeter and barometer.

I do not want something big like the Casio G-shock. I haven't seen any of the Suunto's or the Tissot T-Touch watches.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. :thanks

Re: Casual watch with multifunction

You should take a close look at the T-Touch as it does meet your requirements. It keeps time quite well. The compass and barometer work as well as one might expect. The altimeter is air pressure driven and since many things can affect air pressure (weather patterns, altitude, etc) its altitude reading is good only for a couple of hours. On mine the temp is almost useless. First it needs to be off your wrist for 10-15 minutes so the watch cools to ambient temperature before reading. I just checked mine against a quality electronic thermometer near my watch case and the watch is reading 3 deg f. warmer than the room. Not nearly as accurate as I would like. Time has been spot on for 3+ months with my 'atomic' radio clock.

If you want analog this is it (as far as I'm concerned.)
    Tom B.

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning." - Louis L'Amour

Suunto Core - it's a pro level tool but looks great too. The size sounds huge on paper but it wears really well. With the strap adapters it will take a range of 24mm straps so a lot of the Panny stuff looks good on it.

Geoff
    TuffTime.com

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making.
    John Milton (1608 - 1674)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DLau View Post
    I am looking for a casual "looking" watch with functions like temperature, compass, altimeter and barometer.

I do not want something big like the Casio G-shock. I haven't seen any of the Suunto's or the Tissot T-Touch watches.
    Any help is greatly appreciated. :thanks
    You might want to look at the Casio Pathfinder PAW-1300 series. They're much thinner than the older models.

vandice

The T-Touch has known reliability problems, esp. with moisture ingress. It has a 30m water resistance rating, hardly sufficient for a sports watch.

According to my Citizen, Casio and Seiko manuals, a WR of 50 m is good only for intermitten exposure to water, like handwashing etc. I don't know what 30 m implies for Swiss Made watches though.

There ain't many choices for watches having these features though. Casio Pathfinder (big), Suunto Core(big), Tissot T-Touch, Timex Expedition (big). I will rate the Casio as the toughest and most reliable.

Thread Information