Certina DS Action

Thread: Certina DS Action

Certina DS Action

Hi

I have had a look at the Certina DS Action model with black dial, black pvd bezel and steel bracelet # 536.7178.42.61. I am looking at buying one tomorrow or next week. It is quartz Swiss movement 200m WR screw down crown etc. What are Certina like? Are they a good quality for the price range? They seem ok but i have not had anything to do with them, they have a 2yr warranty. I have only been able to see the white dial model as there are no models as above in the country, so i can`t actually see the watch until i pay a deposit and order it and perhaps 6 weeks later or less it will be here from switzerland. Does anyone have any actual photos of this model or atleast one of the models with the black dial to get an idea exactly what it looks like? The pics in the catalogue are not quite accurate i don`t believe.

Thanks

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Re: Certina DS Action

G'day,

Have you seen their web site? Plenty of info and lots of images of the current range. I like the look of them but have no experience handling the actual watches. They do look the goods though and well worth investigating further.

http://www.certina.ch/news/
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

Hi

yes i have checked out the website fairly well. Howeveri opnly ask because i had a look at the black dial DS First model a while ago and it looks very legible in the pics but in person the subdials are very hard to read because the actual finish of the subdials and watch dial itself are like fine concentric circles, like a course machine finish on the end of a steel bar. This and the fact that the sub dial hands are a dark similar colour to the dial themselves you really have to look to read them especially under the lights in the store. So the DS Action white dial i saw looks as though the subdial finish is similar to these but the main dial face is a flat white finish. The subdial hands are red and stand out against the background to some degree. But saying this i suppose as long as the main dial and hands are easy to read then this is all i should worry about hey?

Cheers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Breitling Forum Moderator SnapIT's Avatar

Oh I don't know. If a dial is difficult to read in good light then it will be far harder to ping in low light. Eyesight is very individual. What is easy to read for one may be difficult for another. So on the subjective test if you can't read it without straining or angling the watch then try something else. I would look for a dial with 'anti reflective' coating. I makes a great difference to the dial clarity usually removing more then 95% of reflections.
    Cheers,
    SnapIT

Seize the day, it ain't coming around again. . . .
    Click to check for the correct time around the world..

Ok thanks for the solid advise. I don`t mind the look of the white dial but would prefer black so i feel i will be pushing them at lunch time for their best price and putting one on order. Yes these do have AR coating and the white one was good so the black dial should be more pleasing.

Cheers

Thread Information