Certina perpetual calendar PreciDrive wanted
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Certina perpetual calendar PreciDrive wanted

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Certina perpetual calendar PreciDrive wanted

Hi all,

I found this site while searching for info on HAQ watches and it seems to be loaded lots of great info so I just became a member.
    What started my search is that the Accutron 214, that I bought new in 1966, has stopped working and I'm looking for a replacement. I've read info on Seiko, Citizen, Bulova and Certina and am considering the Certina. However I haven't found any Certina's with both a perpetual calendar and a Precidrive movement. Does such a watch exist?

Thanks,
    henrylr

Re: Certina perpetual calendar PreciDrive wanted

I spoke with sales at jomashop. They sell Certina watches and asked if Certina made a perpetual calendar model and they said no. So now I looking into Tissot. Does anyone know if Tissot makes a perpetual calendar PreciDrive model?

Thanks,
    henrylr

I’m not sure there is a precidrive movement with a perp calendar. I know you won’t find one from Certina, Tissot or Hamilton.

If you want HAQ and perp you got the Breitling, the high end Citizen chronomaster, and not sure if the Longines VHP is perp but definitely HAQ.

If perp is important some nice RC models from Citizen that are perp and super accurate, and some nice models under 300$, that are perp but not HAQ.

You’re call.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The following ETA movement seems to combine the PreciDrive accuracy with retrograde perpetual calendar functionality,

G15.562 BE

https://www.eta.ch/en/our-products/q...line-g15562-be

Note that not all G15.562s are PreciDrive, only the BE variant is PreciDrive and PowerDrive. The BF variant is only PowerDrive.

The layout reminds me of the Tissot Tradition Perpetual Calendar,

https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-ca/...-calendar.html

But, that uses the G15.561, which is not a PreciDrive movement.
    Nokie likes this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Halios Seaforth Bronze; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Nomos Tangente 35; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P; Silver Archetype One; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

So not really answering your question, but the CONQUEST V.H.P. various models are HAQ and perpetual calendar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    The following ETA movement seems to combine the PreciDrive accuracy with retrograde perpetual calendar functionality,

G15.562 BE

https://www.eta.ch/en/our-products/q...line-g15562-be

Note that not all G15.562s are PreciDrive, only the BE variant is PreciDrive and PowerDrive. The BF variant is only PowerDrive.

The layout reminds me of the Tissot Tradition Perpetual Calendar,

https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-ca/...-calendar.html

But, that uses the G15.561, which is not a PreciDrive movement.
    That is a super nice movement I've only seen it in a beutiful limited edition S. Coifman watch. The HAQ guys will hate the small sub dial retrograde second hands, but it sure makes for an interesting watch to me.
    mleok likes this.

Welcome to the forums!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Thanks for all the reply. I did find, on the ETA site, that the G15.562BE is PreciDrive and PowerDrive and the the BF is PreciDrive. The problem is I can't find any watches that use either. I would think watch brands using these movements would list that in their watch descriptions as a selling point.

Quote Originally Posted by nodnar View Post
    So not really answering your question, but the CONQUEST V.H.P. various models are HAQ and perpetual calendar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're right. Never really considered they were Perpetual Calendar. That's a great watch/value.
    nodnar likes this.

Yes the Longines VHP has perpetual calendar. Also it’s accuracy is 5 sec per year which is only beaten by one other watch model currently. VHP is great value and one I consider a hidden gem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information