I count myself among the 'less is more' crowd. As such I'm limiting my collection to three watches. I really enjoyed the recent thread by another member in which he whittled his collection down to just three watches that he felt covered all of his needs; I'd just rather start from zero and end at three.
So, here's my challenge to the forum community: I've already got one watch (GO Senator Observer). What should my other two be?
Guidelines(each item below must be found on at least one of the watches)
- Origin: I want at least one Swiss watch, prefer not to have two German watches
- Movement: Automatic or manual (or Spring Drive if you're going to suggest Grand Seiko); prefer in-house
- Complications: Moon phase, chronograph (bonus points for a perpetual or annual calendar)
- Uses: At least one watch must be water resistant to 10+ ATM, one should be elegant enough to dress up the other to dress down
- Budget: $20,000 maximum (remember, that has to buy two watches)
- Bracelet: I'd prefer all watches to at least have the option to be worn on leather/rubber/synthetic
Obviously I have my own ideas, but I look forward to seeing yours.