Chase Durer

Thread: Chase Durer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chase Durer

Guys, I need your educated opinions and I haven't been able to find any comments on Chase Durer in the forum. Are they good wathches? Prices seem to be ok, but I'm concerned about quality. In particular the Special Forces model 146.4BB4-NYLB.

Thumbs Down Oh, well...

My friend despised his Chase-Durer watch, bought in the 90's.

It was poorly made, and he had all kinds of problems with it.

Now, that is a very limited sample...

He bought an Oris 4 years ago, and is very satisfied with it.
    François – Quebec City, QC

stuffler,mike

Re: Chase Durer

Well, you´re right. We haven´t hat many discussion on Chase-Durer watches here on WUS and this may be a sign that most of our frequent posters don´t own one.
    I once had a closer look on CD watches at Baselworld some years ago. I wasn´t convinced that they will become a beater. They look nice but there´s nothing very special what makes a CD a CD.

The price-quality-ratio seems to be ok. The 146.4BB4-NYLB model for sure is worth the price.

The 146.4BB4-NYLB is powered by an ETA 251.272 quarz movement ("Normalflatline") which I wouldn´t rate as high end; case diameter is only 38mm and made out of SS 316L. I´d prefer a chrono with 40mm at least.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got the impression awhile back talking with an AD, that they were
    schlock.

Not these days there a very nice watch most a them !! they do make a few cheaper models ! But make some that cost as much as $19000.00 now and are all now Swiss made NO jaapn movemnts nothing !! and now have become the most worn watches by pilots in the world !! This got started because they advertised in the papers or magazines on planes !! I just bought the Special forces model Underwater demolishion .. Oman has ordered them for all there special forces .. many of the USA fighter groups have them made with there own patch on them ! ... So in short there now a MUCH higher quality made watch !! The one I bought is quartz but its the ETA 27 jewel quartz !!:gold

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    and now have become the most worn watches by pilots in the world !!
    I doubt it, I really doubt it......and I doubt there´s any proof.

I owned a C-D Special Forces UDT 1000M. I got it for a decent price and held it for about three months, and then sold it. I found that the finish was mediocre at best and that it was dis-proportionate on the wrist - it just looked and felt wrong. And I have heard these comments from others.

Anyway, just my thoughts. I would consider something else for a similar price point.

James
    AUT VIAM INVENIAM AUT FACIAM - "I will either find a way or make one."

EAD

I have one Chase, don't like it very much
    The price isn't that cheap, but also not very expensive, but something about the watch just doesn't seem to work on me, I don't know it just not feel right

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    I doubt it, I really doubt it......and I doubt there´s any proof.
    Doubt it all you want I know atleast 3 fighter pilots that wear them and loads a bus drivers / comercial pilots !! and if you have a problem with a finish they will redo the finish and refurb it for little or nothing ! just my 2 cents and personal opinion .. There is gona be MORE wearing them soon because of the new lumi there just starting to use ! It a make a orange monster look like a dead battery almost as good as tubes ... :gold The license is up for a really HI end companys LUMI and Chase has latched on to it .. as have few other companys ! check out Chase Durer site and how many flight groups have there patch made on to models for them you will be surprised !!
    :gold
    http://www.chase-durer.com/sel/usaf.html
    http://www.chase-durer.com/

A co-worker/friend of mine bought an CD "Abyss" in 2001. From a MIL catalogue. It looked real flash (impressive). He used to wear it in the surf, but after owning it for just a few months, the bracelet started to corrode and the watch case leaked.

His next watch was an ORIS TT1 which he has worn daily for almost 5 years and it's still going strong.

Just no comparison.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information