CHOPARD? anyone with experience ?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CHOPARD? anyone with experience ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

CHOPARD? anyone with experience ?

Hey guys,

i have came across with the Chopard Mille Miglia GT on a SS bracelet ( and the Chrono verson ) and i was wondering has anyone had experience with one of these and where does Chopard stands in the crowd?

i am looking this as a dress work watch.

Is it worth the $? or i should go for something els??

any other suggestion at similar price?

THanks!

Post some pics if u own too :D

Re: CHOPARD? anyone with experience ?

Hard to say, the Dollar isn't worth much these days.

I don't have much experience with Chopard watches but I do really like their Mille Miglia line. However, my thought process for them was always "why would I get a Chopard when for the same amount of $, I can get a JLC, Zenith, etc." I don't think that you would ever see a post asking for someone to validate the value associated with these watches in the same fashion that you need validation that the Chopard is worth the money. I am not saying that Chopard is not worth the money, because I do not know, but I would definitely look at other options first.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't know too much about them other than that they are an independent watchmaker and the LUC models use an entirely in-house and well-regarded movement. I definitely like the aesthetic of the Mille Miglia line, but I do think they are a bit pricey. I do wish I liked the LUC designs a bit better because, mechanically, they seem to be the real deal.
    Glashütte Original PanoReserve || Grand Seiko SBGW253 || Omega Railmaster 2504.52 | 1966 Cal. 561 Seamaster Constellation || Nomos Glashütte Club || Archimede Outdoor Protect || Ball Fireman Racer || Hanhart Pioneer Valjoux 23 || Oak & Oscar Jackson

I was fortunate to spend some time with the Chopard team a couple months ago, and came away completely impressed, with not only what they are doing now with the LUC line (as well as the non-in-house movements), but also their vision for the future. Expect some great things coming from them. A Mille Miglia is on my short list. If I had the cash for LUC, I'd be there in a second.
    "My grail showed up today"

My personal experience with Chopard is: A tad overpriced.

My gal fell in love with the Happy Sport ceramic series and i paid about 7000$ for a QUARTZ! Of course, the 'diamonds' makes up for it a little, but her happiness was worth it.

That said, i really cannot get over how they can charge that price for a quartz. Brilliant marketing though, i tried very hard to dissuade my gal from it, but you know how it is when women see diamonds.

Chopard are very nice but yes a bit expensive, esp considering the Mille Miglia line uses ETA(?) movements. I like the L.U.C. collection, if only i had the cash! Theres no doubt they're nice watches, and arguably a bit more unique than a lot of other brands

Quote Originally Posted by khfw01 View Post
    Hey guys,

i have came across with the Chopard Mille Miglia GT on a SS bracelet ( and the Chrono verson ) and i was wondering has anyone had experience with one of these and where does Chopard stands in the crowd?

i am looking this as a dress work watch.

Is it worth the $? or i should go for something els??

any other suggestion at similar price?

THanks!

Post some pics if u own too :D
    Thank you for asking this

Just recently I have been pondering the same question, so have been doing some research. Chopard as a company do position themselves to be in the ultra luxury sector with their jewellery division, they are comparable to graff, van cleef, tiffany, cartier, they all fight for the same customers for jewellery.

I have been looking at acquiring a Mille Miglia Chronograph and think they are quite affordable, around the £2k mark (I assume in the US they will be around $2k, as here in the UK we get ripped on price)

Now I know what your saying? £2k is affordable for a watch with a valjoux 7750, whose brand isn't on par with JLC, TAG and the usual suspects. But I do like the fact not many people I know have them and I have very very rarely seen them advertised on this forum or other forums here in the UK

would like to handle one tho

LUC, way out of my price range. Mille Miglia I can see on my wrist in the not too distance future

my 5p (2c)

Nick

I bought preowned LUC Pro One last year.. The dealer who I bought this from also had a preowned Mille Miglia GT XL Power Reserve at about the same price.. I chose mine because I like the model better and also it has the in-house LUC caliber.. In general I think the finishing of dial, hands, and markers are very nice..

soberdave09 and sessyargc like this.

Thanks for the opinions guys

KEEP it comming!!

as for Nick* are you sure its 2000 pounds ??

in Aust, its about 7-9k?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information