Chr. Ward Trident 38mm too small 43mm too big - Page 4
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Chr. Ward Trident 38mm too small 43mm too big

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Chr. Ward Trident 38mm too small 43mm too big

Quote Originally Posted by DenisL View Post
    Fhsjrm that nato looks very good, where did you buy it?
    The look of leather strap on divers is growing on me, nato or distressed.
    White face trident has been on the radar for a long time.
    It's a Fluco...got it on Amazon but it's unavailable now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    DenisL likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ppierce34 View Post
    Really disappointed in the sizing of this watch. I absolutely love everything about it and honestly feel that a 40-41mm version would be the best, lb for lb watch on the market. The 38mm was just too small and the 43mm is an absolute monster in my eyes. Its odd to me that they have chosen 2 strange sizes to go with. Its like a clothing manufacturer deciding to just have small and large shirts.
    I guess someone has to cater to those two size markets?

But given the vast availability of similar designs from other brands it shouldn't be too hard to find a watch for someone who belongs to the 39-42mm market.

I just ordered the 38mm model, and I have 6.5" wrists. I find that I can wear a 38mm case size, with a lug to lug distance of about 45-47mm, comfortably on my small wrists. Anything bigger looks comical, to me....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was surprised at how small I thought my 38mm Trident was when I first received it... but that's just because I was accustomed to settling for 40-42mm sports watches (settling in the sense that this size is not ideal for me but it's really the only option for most dive watches). After wearing the Trident for a few days it felt perfectly normal and suddenly my other, bigger sports watches started to seem comically oversized.

We humans are adaptable creatures... it only takes a little wishful thinking for me to convince myself that I can pull off a 44mm MDV106; downsizing is just as easy.
    EnderW and wristclock like this.
    Cheers,
    Ben "LBD"

Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I was surprised at how small I thought my 38mm Trident was when I first received it... but that's just because I was accustomed to settling for 40-42mm sports watches (settling in the sense that this size is not ideal for me but it's really the only option for most dive watches). After wearing the Trident for a few days it felt perfectly normal and suddenly my other, bigger sports watches started to seem comically oversized.

We humans are adaptable creatures... it only takes a little wishful thinking for me to convince myself that I can pull off a 44mm MDV106; downsizing is just as easy.
    Looks great on you. Based on that pic - 38mm is just right, I'd expect 43mm one would look comical with a suit. But as you said - we adapt...
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Quote Originally Posted by sefrcoko View Post
    The 38mm looked small at first, but after a week or so it just looks right.
    I had a similar experience. It looked alarmingly small when I took it out of the box, simply because I was conditioned to 40-43mm sizes. In truth, it suits my wrist perfectly. My SMP gets more wrist time, simply because I like it better overall and because I got the CW for a specific use case, but it feels a bit clunky to me now.
    sefrcoko likes this.
    Casio / C.Ward / Grand Seiko / Hamilton / Junghans / Laco / Nomos / Omega / Panerai / Rolex / Sinn / Timex / Tudor

I have 6.25-6.5" wrists and initially the 38mm seemed too small. After wearing it for a bit I really grew to love the size and it started a trend for me with downsizing much of my collection.

Since then I've added a SARB017 (39mm), Sinn 356 (38.5mm), and sold anything over 41-42mm. Smaller watches look great on my wrists and the big clunkers I used to wear just look silly and put me off now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Small? How about the 36mm Seamaster 300? I have a 16cm wrist, and anything above 39mm looks like a door knob. Tried and sold some 42mm watches.
    I'm wearing a 34mm AirKing, and it's perfect. The trident is a nice watch, but i really dislike the polished central link bracelet, and those indices are way too small for a dive watch.

Ive got a 7.25 wrist and I'm keeping my chr ward trident pro 38 and selling the 43. Like others say, get used to the smaller size quickly, its more comfortable, less noticeable and fits under shirt cuffs. I think it looks a lot odder wearing the 43 now.

A 41 would probably hit the sweet spot....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information