Chr. Ward Trident 38mm too small 43mm too big
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Chr. Ward Trident 38mm too small 43mm too big

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Chr. Ward Trident 38mm too small 43mm too big

Really disappointed in the sizing of this watch. I absolutely love everything about it and honestly feel that a 40-41mm version would be the best, lb for lb watch on the market. The 38mm was just too small and the 43mm is an absolute monster in my eyes. Its odd to me that they have chosen 2 strange sizes to go with. Its like a clothing manufacturer deciding to just have small and large shirts.

Re: Chr. Ward Trident 38mm too small 43mm too big

I agree, but it's very dressy, especially for a diver, so if you look at it more like a dress what that can take a serious beating then it's a great watch and size.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I suspect CW is targeting female customers also with 38mm model. They don't explicitly say it but I suspect it is meant to be unisex model.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I feel your pain. With girly wrists like mine the 43mm seems a bit on the big side for me but the 38mm appears to be so small. Try the 43mm Oris Aquis as it tends to wear smaller than you think it might.

I think 42 and 44 are pretty common sizes so they were probably trying to appease both at 43mm.

Don't be afraid of small watches. We are in the age of giant watches and it's easy to feel like something is too small, but don't get turned off. Especially if it wears nicely. I'll admit I have a 43mm Aquis but that was due to looks. (On the 40mm it looked like they just shaved of the outer edge of the bezel and it threw the proportions off.) But it's almost too big and my wrist is just over 7".
    The CW 38mm looks great, give it a chance.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    brodo, bb-man and boomguy57 like this.
    Nomos Club Neomatik | Ball Trainmaster Worldtime chrono | Eterna Madison | Hamilton Khaki Navy Pioneer | Bulova Sea King

Quote Originally Posted by ppierce34 View Post
    Really disappointed in the sizing of this watch. I absolutely love everything about it and honestly feel that a 40-41mm version would be the best, lb for lb watch on the market. The 38mm was just too small and the 43mm is an absolute monster in my eyes. Its odd to me that they have chosen 2 strange sizes to go with. Its like a clothing manufacturer deciding to just have small and large shirts.
    I have 6.5 inch wrists and I'm in the same boat. Would have preferred 40mm. I will say that for me the 43mm looked massive...simply too big for my liking. The 38mm looked small at first, but after a week or so it just looks right. In fact, I got used to it and now some of my other watches actually seem a little too big :)
    Last edited by sefrcoko; October 25th, 2016 at 20:05.

Quote Originally Posted by ppierce34 View Post
    Really disappointed in the sizing of this watch. .... 43mm is an absolute monster in my eyes
    Unless your wrist is 6.5" or under, I really don't see why that would be the case.

For this particular style of watch, I wouldn't want anything smaller than 43mm for my 7" wrist.
    OvrSteer likes this.

Simple solution. Buy both, then average them out.

You're welcome.
    OvrSteer likes this.
    Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

True... True...
    I have a 6.25-6.5" wrist and divers are best at 41mm diameter (dress watches at 38mm)
    Omega SMP fits my puny wrist beautifully at 41mm but midsize felt too small. 43mm divers are tough to pull off with small wrist, unless lugs are non-existent (Seiko Monster is 42mm but lugs are tiny).

I suspect 38mm is for women and folks w small wrists like myself, while 43mm is intended for "normal"-wristed folks. While it would be nice to have a 41mm case Trident, I doubt they'll offer another model case size.
    "I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." George Bernard Shaw
    "Don?t argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" Greg King
    ?Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.? Mark Twain
    "The problem with quotes found on the Internet is that it's hard to be sure of their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln
    "A Rose by any other name will smell as sweet. But it does not follow that whatever we choose to call a Rose will possess the Rose's fragrance." BB Warfield

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information