Christmas Watch Shopping In Florida Rules!

Thread: Christmas Watch Shopping In Florida Rules!

I gotta tell everyone about one of my best weekends I have ever had. I just returned from a weekend stay at Gaylord Palms in Orlando. We got there on Friday evening and went over to Disney for "Mickeys Merry Merry Christmas" at the Magic Kingdom. The castle lights and fireworks were spectacular. Well we head back to the hotel to get a good nights sleep. The hotel has the largest atrium in Florida and includes waterfalls, streams, a section called the Everglades with live gators, St Augustine with a huge castle, and a Key West section with a large boat/bar floating on the "Gulf of Mexico". The hotel is simply AMAZING. We woke up the next day and my wife had a great idea "Why don't we go to Palm Beach since all you talk about is watches and how many luxury stores carry them on Worth Ave in Palm Beach?" Well naturally I agreed and off we go for a 2 1/2 hour ride to P/Beach. We arrive at the Palm Gardens Mall and the first thing I notice is the unbelievable wealth. Women are walking their dogs inside the mall and the dogs are wearing more expensive stuff than my wife! We start checking out the place and HERE is where it gets GOOD. I stop at a store that carries Rolex and ask "Any idea who carries Panerai around here" I receive a reply that dropped my jaw. "Right over here sir" and 10 feet away sit 8 different Pannys. I look into the case and there it is, the watch I have been dying to see, the one thats basically impossible to find in Cental Florida: a PAM 88. I ask to see the watch, carefully removing my 27 dollar Casio and placing it on the glass. The gentleman from Hamilton Jewlers removes the 88 from the case and carefully places it on my wrist. The deployment clasp clicks and I am SOLD! But not so fast, I decide to think it over and walk the mall. We go downstairs only to find Tourneau. I go into the store and find so many wonderful pieces. Its such a pleasure to see something other than Rolex! I start talking with the salesman and find that Tourneau is offering 24 months free financing but they have NO PANERAIS. Frankly I am depressed at this point. 24 Months would have been a deal maker for me. My wife and I discuss going back and grabbing the only PAM 88 in that area at Hamilton but we walk away. Naturally I am somewhat bummed out but I was still having a great trip and Christmas shopping was a blast. We then decide to take a ride down into the heart of Palm Beach. Where the VERY RICH LIVE. Not the Lexus crowd, not the Porsche crowd, this is the Ferrari, Bentley crowd. I am in Luxury Watch Dreamland. Patek, Audemers, Vaceron Constantin, Chopard, Zenith, the list was endless. I stop in several shops, gawking at the Billionaires and suddenly see TOURNEAU! I grab my wife and walk briskly across the street. I walk in and in the very front of the store are PANERAIS! I gaze over them, looking for an 88. NOTHING. I try to keep my cool and ask the lady if they happen to have any Panerais in the back. Naturally she started laughing and explaing that even Tourneau in Palm Beach can't keep PAM 88's longer than 2-3 days and the one they had went 2 days earlier. My heart sank down into the gutter. It was over. I would be forced to buy on the net. I started talking to the lady and she lived in NJ where I lived before moving to Florida. I guess she took pity on me and went in the back of the store to "see what she could do" About 10 minutes later she came out and informed me that she has a PAM 88! It is the only one left in the region but as long as my credit is good its mine. Well I got the watch! I can't tell you how AWESOME this purchase was. I got a SPECTACULAR watch at Tourneau with a 24 month no interest deal. Yes I could have saved a few hundred dealing off the net but now every time I wear this watch I will remember the trip to Palm Beach for Christmas! I get a 3 year warranty and the memory of buying it in Palm Beach. The watch is being shipped and I will not open it till Christmas day but this was by far the most pleasurable watch purchase I EVER had. And to top it off we drove back to Orlando to see ICE which is a SPECTACULAR ICE CARVING SHOW at Gaylord Palms. My wife was an absolute SWEETHEART during this trip and actually encouraged me to buy this wonderful timepiece. I am now the proud owner of my first PANERAI. I doubt it will be the last.
    Last edited by SlaveToTheTimePiece; December 10th, 2007 at 02:35.

Re: Christmas Watch Shopping In Florida Rules!

Are you a girl? j/k

Must hit "enter" twice after a few sentences now and then.

Congrats as I only read the last line or so.

Don't mind Blue ... hasn't had enough coffee yet .....

I DID read the entire post, and I gotta say Congrats!. For someone who was on vacation, it sounds like you did allot of work.

I live here in Orlando, and when I'm feeling especially wicked, I'll ride the motorbike to the same places you went, just to help bring down the property values. I feel it's my duty as a hard-working business soldier.

I'm sure you know this, but if you think that what the dogs are wearing is over-the-top, you should see how they live ..... unbelievable.

Anywho, congrats on the PAM88; please post some pics after the unveiling.

Cheers!
    Bill
    Last edited by brietlingman; December 10th, 2007 at 15:33.
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Christmas Watch Shopping In Florida Rules!

Actually the post was the ravings of someone with little sleep and high on the rush of buying such a nice watch! I actually live in Tampa but like to hit Orlando often. Orlando Watch Company is a frequent stop of mine as well. Anyone looking to buy should certainly consider the 24 month offer of Tourneau. Palm Beach is truly another world, where people have no comprehension of money. The yaghts are bigger than most homes and the mansions are jaw dropping. What a great place to buy a nice watch. I will never forget this purchase, it was by far the most enjoyable I have ever had. Buying off the net may save cash but its somewhat sterile in terms of making memories.

Orlando Watch Company, eh? I'm going there today .... I'll tell Scott that you say Hello!.

Yes, Palm Beach is a different world. I was traveling through that area after Andrew, making glass deliveries, and I swear they had those homes back in fine shape in no time. Interesting; I was still seeing blue tarps a year later in other parts of the state .....

Cheers!
    Bill
    All who wander are not lost ...
    Be a traveler, not a tourist.

A traveler doesn't know where he's going,
    a tourist doesn't know where he's been.

Thread Information