Christopher Ward C60 Mk3 40mm on smaller wrists...
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By heffergm
  • 1 Post By lisine
  • 1 Post By househalfman
  • 2 Post By heffergm
  • 1 Post By opmetal
  • 1 Post By Bugster

Thread: Christopher Ward C60 Mk3 40mm on smaller wrists...

Christopher Ward C60 Mk3 40mm on smaller wrists...

So I have one on the way. I'm curious how the smaller wristed among you think it wears. Mine are 6.5". There are some shots of me here with my DH 1970: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/fir...l#post50961241

From my own aesthetic standpoint, I think the DH works fine, but I'm a little worried about the C60 since I plan to wear it with a bracelet, which I expect is going to really accentuate it's size.

I was tempted to try the 38mm, but I didn't like that it lost the 3 o'clock marker/lume, and it looked a little 'squashed' to me for lack of a better term.

In any case, I'll post some pics when it shows up Monday. Fingers crossed...
    gohmdoree likes this.

Re: Christopher Ward C60 Mk3 40mm on smaller wrists...

40mm works perfectly fine on a 6.5 inch wrist so don't be too worried
    heffergm likes this.

Somebody asked the same question in the c60 thread with some nice feedback from folks with similar sized wrists...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/509694...ostid=50969475

I personally am not too worried about the diameter size but it can be a bit thick and heavy. Not something that turns me off but it definitely keeps me in the lookout for something with similar aesthetics but less WR (and presumably thinner).
    heffergm likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

6.5-er here. I went with the CW 38 in blue. liked it so much i bought another in black. perfect fit for me:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 7.42.35 PM.png
Views: 44
Size:  4.55 MB

So it has arrived...

Initial impression on sizing, it's pretty much perfect. The 38mm would have been fine, but the 40mm I think works better as a dive watch. The lugs curve beautifully and perfectly follow the taper on my wrist, and leave a bit of space at either end, definitely no overhang which I can't stand.

I'm generally not a bracelet fan, but this one is very good, and the sizing is actually correct. I'd assumed the resize on the website was actually requesting a bracelet size, which is usually 1-2cm > wrist size, but having entered my 16.5cm wrist size, it's come to me perfect, and there's adjustment on either end to go tight or loose.

Obligatory close wrist shot, which to me always seem to make whatever the watch is look bigger than as it appears in real life, and one from a distance.
    Opinions on the size?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bugster and Tanjecterly like this.

I think it's a little big on you. The 38mm would be much better.
    heffergm likes this.

Looks just right to me. I had the previous gen in 38mm which was fine for my 17cm wrist but I always wished they’d done it in 40mm.
    heffergm likes this.

Congratulations, looks good and glad you like it. Big indicator for me and probably most is lug to lug width, and looking up on their website it seems to be 47.46mm. In my view that lug to lug is fine. Looking at your photos, the lugs seem to not extend past your wrist which is good.

Regarding module width, the dial to bezel ratio also plays a role...no bezel = wider dial view, so appearance of bigger. The bezel on yours give some visual flexibility.

I have the C65 which is 41 mm but similar lug to lug. At 6.75 wrist, I was a bit hesitant at first but happy I went through with it.

Overall, sharp looking watch seems to fit you well.

Don’t think you’ll have any problems. I’ve got a 38mm C60 and I always think it looks a bit small on my 6.75” wrist. My other 38mm watches seem fine - it’s just this one.

Thread Information