Christopher Ward (help)
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Christopher Ward (help)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Christopher Ward (help)

So I have identified my first grail watch as one from Christopher Ward's collection. The website is currently offering 15% off all items (including my grail) and I was originally going to pass and give myself more time to browse and think on it before making my first big purchase but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't hesitate.

Somebody please talk me in or out of this purchase ASAP. What are your thoughts on the brand? The watch? The only thing that would make me regret the purchase is if it turns out to be extremely fragile as it is a dress watch.

https://www.christopherward.eu/c1-gr...rn-moonphase-8

heb

Re: Christopher Ward (help)

I can't speak for that specific CW, but the two Diver C65s I do have are pretty terrific watches. Quite high horological bang for the buck. I want to get one of his thin dress watches some day.

heb

The watch has a solid movement, so I wouldnt worry about fragility. It is a microbrand that wont serve you well in resale, but cw is a great company with terrific customer service

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

heb

Thanks for the 15% tip; just ordered a C65 595.

heb
    yankeexpress likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteMustard View Post
    The watch has a solid movement, so I wouldnt worry about fragility. It is a microbrand that wont serve you well in resale, but cw is a great company with terrific customer service
    Quote Originally Posted by heb View Post
    Thanks for the 15% tip; just ordered a C65 595.

heb
    No problem, enjoy your new watch! Thanks for the input both of you

I have five, from CW.

Name:  IMAG0878.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  560.0 KB

Name:  IMAG1062.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  103.6 KB

Terrific quality for the price point. My "grail" from them was the C60 Trident Chronograph Pro 600. Certainly specs on par with a five grand plus diver, and costs less than half of that -- ceramic bezel, brilliant lume, 600m WR, helium release valve, etc. I still love it as much as the day it arrived.

Name:  IMAG1068.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  117.3 KB

Name:  IMAG1063.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  120.0 KB

So, you're getting watches that deliver the quality you want, without the big brand prices. As mentioned, it's not an "investment" watch for intended resale, but I don't buy my watches for that. I just want great quality, terrific specs and a reasonable price, and CW excels with those elements.

And, that moonphase, I think, is one of the most beautiful moonphase watches, because of the boldness of the design (as opposed to the usual very small moon display). And, it'll keep track of the moon with accuracy for 128 years, which is pretty impressive. Great movement inside.

It has actually been on my radar for a while, although I wish it came in 42mm.

I wouldn't hesitate, and their watches are not fragile, although of course any dress watch is not a diver, but it won't require any more care than usual for a watch worn for its intended purpose.

Look forward to seeing pics, if you pick it up.
    heb, AbsoluteMustard and ck2k01 like this.
    Lots of watches in many brands: Breitling (finally!), Raymond Weil, Maurice LaCroix, Louis Erard, Seiko, Mido, Certina, Tissot, Hamilton, Victorinox, Wenger, Christopher Ward, Edox, Gv2, Swiss Army Charmex, Luminox, Bulova, Citizen, Casio, Orient, Seagull, Reef Tiger (yes, that one, ha!), Invicta, Deep Blue, Air Blue, Magrette, Belmoto, Leyden, Lum-Tec, Dryden, House of Horology.

I have 3 CWs and they're all great watches. I definitely wouldn't pay full price since they have sales so often. I have the previous version of the moonphase. I got it at 50% off when the current version came out and they were unloading the old version.

Name:  40 - iOsH188.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  561.1 KB
    yankeexpress, u2bdet and Dinky1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspotter View Post
    I have 3 CWs and they're all great watches. I definitely wouldn't pay full price since they have sales so often. I have the previous version of the moonphase. I got it at 50% off when the current version came out and they were unloading the old version.

Name:  40 - iOsH188.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  561.1 KB
    Thank you to the previous poster for vouching for the quality.

As far as this comment is concerned, I think that is what I'm going to do, honestly. I was thinking about it and so long as I stay on their waiting list I can always get it when they have another sale.

There is rumor of a new generation to this watch being in the works also, so I'm going to get the watch eventually because of these testimonies but I am going to pass it up right now.

Absolutely lovely watch you have there btw. Moonphases are my favorite
    Flatspotter likes this.

Great quality for the price. As mentioned, they have sales often, so don’t feel rushed; you can always think about it and get it at the same or better price later.

I'm a fan of CW, but I don't buy anything from them outside of 30%+ sales. It's not that they're not worth the asking price, but their sales are so regular I just can't stomach paying full price/15% off then seeing the same model at 50% off (this happened to my dad after he bought one of their in house movement models at full price).

Their 15% off deals are fairly common, as are $125 off vouchers, so I say wait for their summer sale and if the one you want isn't included you can always pick it up next time there's a discount/voucher.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information