Christopher ward watches

Thread: Christopher ward watches

Christopher ward watches

Hi all I just stumbled on this website and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with his watches there are a couple I like the look of http://www.christopherward.co.uk/

Re: Christopher ward watches

Hi

This is my first post so I was going to introduce myself, but then I saw your posting and thought I'd answer.

I have a couple of CW watches and they were good value and well made when I got them. Since that time they've had a few quality control issues as the business grew, and have now moved their whole production to Switzerland to try and address this. At the same time they've launched a lot of new models, but the prices have also increased quite sharply.

The brand has more quartz than mechanical / auto as they struggled to source decent quality movements from ETA; this is another reason for the Swiss move.

I admire the brand for attempting to give quality at an affordable price, but at this level there are any number of good quality competitors (Tissot for example) making (IMO) better looking quality and good value watches. My personal preference is for mechanical, so many of the newer pieces aren't for me, although I understand they were developed to accomodate mechanical movements should the supply become more plentiful / reliable in future.

Hope this helps, and sorry for this being my first post rather than an introduction.

Best wishes
    David

Looks to me like just another internet watch brand, which are a dime a dozen. On their about us page, I took this paragraph of their site...

So far the word has spread to more than 40 countries and Christopher Ward is being talked about on independent online forums all over the world from the USA to Holland, and the Czech Republic to South Korea.

Makes you wonder...
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Very nice watches for the $$$. The Malvern Automatic, specifically, is a tremendous value for the money. You'll be hard-pressed to find a better dress watch at it's price point. Also, Christopher himself is a great guy and knows the TRUE meaning of the word service.

Sorry to see the trouble you encountered Sang when you asked about it on the other forum. That was completely uncalled for and classless. Stick over here, you will find it much better and friendlier!

Hi,
    I think you will find a CW watch to suit you. They are well made and,i think, on the whole value for money.The customer service is great...yóú can email/talk to anyone you like, including Christopher Ward.Admittedly there is a bit of an issue with supply problems at the moment due to the move to Switzerland, but once sorted i think it will be worth the wait.One of the reasons i purchased my first watch was the 60/60 guarantee they do..ie 60 days to return it if you don't like it/5 years warranty...so i could hold it before a final decision.
    I have 2 CW watches, a C5 Malvern Aviator and a C5 Malvern...both are of excellent quality and workmanship.
    Hope this helps!

From what I can see, they look like great value. I'm waiting for production and wrist shots of the new C7 Rapide, it's definately one of my next purchases...
    Cheers,

AWF.

Current:

Breitling Aerospace (Black) |
    Oris TT1 | Halios Laguna(Black Bezel) | Hexa K500(#169) | Ocean7 LM-7(Black) | Ocean7 G2-S (PVD) | Marathon JSAR | Christopher Ward C7 Rapide | Sterile PAM Homage (Ray Knight) | Deep Blue Master Explorer 1000m | MTM Blackhawk PVD | TW Steel TW41 | Orient "Aerospace" |
    Suunto X- Lander Military | Casio Pro Trek PRG-40 | Various G-Shocks | A few Seiko Divers...

I picked up a Christopher Ward Kingfisher C6 off the forum a while back. I wasn't too familiar with the brand, but I liked the look of the watch and the price was right. I was very impressed as soon as I took it out of the box - the quality and finish is very nice for the retail price.

A couple of things that impressed me about the Kingfisher: The sapph crystal on the Kingfisher is slightly domed and AR coated and has a nice look. It wears a big larger on the wrist that the case diameter would suggest. The lume is nice and bright and the bezel is quite solid and clicks very firmly - as good or better than most of my favorite divers.

I had not heard of the Quality Control issues, but as I would imagine with any growing brand, QC is something to contend with. The important part is to have great service to back it up - which it sounds like CW has!

I found this review on WUS a while back and I think it is spot on:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ght=kingfisher

It's always 5 o'clock somehwere...

I've bought a Kingfisher from them and have been very satisfied in general with their product and customer service. I bought a strap from them a few months ago but it never arrived; without any further questions they sent me a replacement. Now a strap isn't that expensive, but it's still good service.

I'm still waiting for one of their new models to really pop out at me, though. I like the C8 Pilot, but I'm a bit more fond of the classic b-uhr look for that money. Though that Corax limited edition is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by 34dean View Post
    Very nice watches for the $$$. The Malvern Automatic, specifically, is a tremendous value for the money. You'll be hard-pressed to find a better dress watch at it's price point. Also, Christopher himself is a great guy and knows the TRUE meaning of the word service.

Sorry to see the trouble you encountered Sang when you asked about it on the other forum. That was completely uncalled for and classless. Stick over here, you will find it much better and friendlier!

thanks Dean from sangman

I Also Have a Christopher ward Kingfisher and would not hesitate in buying another one of their products. They also offer a 60 day money back and 5 year warranty. So I don't see quality being an issue.

Thread Information