Christopher Ward watches
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Christopher Ward watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Christopher Ward watches

Hi I am looking for a cheaper version of the Christopher Ward C8 PILOT MK II - VINTAGE EDITION

I am currently on a student budget and would like some advice on where I can find a watch similar to this.
    ALL ADVICE WELCOME

Cheers!

Re: Christopher Ward watches

Save your watch money for tuition, room and board. Once graduated and employed then buy a real CW. You will enjoy the real thing more.

John, the father of 3 college graduates who received roughly similar advice more than once.
    Last edited by John MS; October 22nd, 2013 at 01:12.
    el_Fernando likes this.

very helpful of you

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

all paid for. Thats what i want something of similar design if there is such thing for a cheaper price. hence me asking the question

Orient Flight - $295 list but typically available with a 30% discount
    ER2A004D | Orient Automatic Watches & Reviews | Orient Watch USA

Quartz Timex Weekender - $45 list
    Timex Weekender

Quote Originally Posted by siodad View Post
    Orient Flight - $295 list but typically available with a 30% discount
    ER2A004D | Orient Automatic Watches & Reviews | Orient Watch USA

Quartz Timex Weekender - $45 list
    Timex Weekender
    Thank you very much

Hi Rose, and welcome. Some people here in f2 are just a little cantankerous. Most of use are here to help. (You might also find help in the affordables forum).

This is a pilot's watch, sometimes more specifically called a B-Uhr, short for "beobachtungs-uhren," a particular type of German pilot's watch. This is the "A-dial," or pilot's watch style, vs. the "B-dial" or "navigator's" style (the B-dial has the minutes on the outside, and usually a small ring with the hours on the inside)
    Five manufacturers made the B-Uhr, A. Lange & Sohne, Wempe, Lacher (Laco), Stowa, and IWC. As you can see some of these companies still exist (though there may have been lapses in production or changes in ownership). But dozens of other companies make watches like this.

Siodad pointed out a couple. Seiko also makes a nav-b version, in their Seiko 5 line, for less than $60:
    Seiko Men's SNK809 "Seiko 5" Automatic Watch with Black Canvas Strap: Watches: Amazon.com

Ticino, found at "Sizzlin' watches" also makes A- and B- dial versions, with a Citizen/Miyota movement and sapphire crystal, for less than $200.
    Sizzlin' Watches - The ultimate resource for high-end watches and watch parts

Are you interested in an automatic or mechanical watch (one that you have to wind, or that winds by being on your wrist using a mechanical movement) or a quartz (battery operated) watch? If quartz, the options change a lot (and the price probably goes down)?
    TNWatchNerd likes this.

- Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

Current collection:
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Bernhardt Corsair GMT | Nth Naken Renegade | Hamilton Jazzmaster Square | Citizen Grand Classic | Kronaby Apex | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Spinnaker Bradner | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

Aeromatic, a brand that gets only ok reviews (google around) produces an A-type watch, automatic movement for $150

Aeromatic A1027 Automatic Watch with 22-jewel movement, luminous hour markers and hands, date window, 24-hour inner dial scale, exhibition case back, and black dial.

Here's an Aristo quartz for $140 (pretty authentic, Laco-style font)
    Aristo 3H84 aviator watch with Swiss Made Ronda 515 quartz movement, sandblasted stainless steel case, mineral crystal, SuperLuminova treated hands and hour markers, solid case back, and a quality leather strap

The Russian brands MakTime/Poljot/Aviator (depending on which year the watch was released) created a A-type dial. You can often find these on eBay for less than $200

If you can deal with the brand name, Junkers makes nice stuff. Their quartz A-type version is about $250
    Junkers 6644-2 150 Years of Hugo Junkers Anniversary series GMT watch with Swiss Ronda 505.24H quartz movement, second independent time zone, date window at 3:00, and SuperLuminova treated hands and markers

More ideas here:
    Pilot Watches
    (Not affiliated, but have heard good things about the site.)

Current collection:
    Oris Big Crown Pointer Date (in red!) | Oris Artix Date | Glycine Airman DC-4 GMT | Christopher Ward C60 600 White Trident | Poljot Journey Chronograph | Bernhardt Corsair GMT | Nth Naken Renegade | Hamilton Jazzmaster Square | Citizen Grand Classic | Kronaby Apex | Seiko Save-the-Ocean Samurai | Prometheus Jellyfish Yellow | Spinnaker Bradner | Heimdallr Bronze Turtle (6309 Homage) | Seiko SSC509 Solar World Time Quartz Chronograph | Undone Modern Chrono | Bulova UHF Military 96B229 | Raketa "Big Zero" |

Banned

OP whats your budget really? I mean a better thing would be to buy a overall good watch and not be so fixed on a specific kind. Chances are you ill be dissapointed if you just buy a watcgh looking like the one you want. Long time ago I was also like that, untill I got some real watches with their own timeless style. If I were you, I would get a seiko or citizen quartz watch, classic design, good quality and good price.

If I were you I would probably get one of these:

Citizen Black Dial Mens Watch BM8240-03E

Citizen Eco Drive WR100 Sport Mens Watch BM8430-59E

Citizen Eco Drive Black Dial Nylon Strap Mens Watch BV1085-06E

Seiko Solar Quartz Black Dial Black PVD Mesh Mens Watch SNE235

Oh shucks, forgot one more line. The Russian manufacturer Vostok has a line of watches with the A-Dial, called Komandirskie K-34. The "regular" watches are automatic (and I have one, and I really like it... awesome for the price), the chronograph (stopwatches) are quartz. Pretty much can only get them on eBay right now. $100-$200. They're not the old-timey look, but they still take design cues from the B-Uhr line.

(Search for "Vostok Komandirskie" or "Vostok K-34")

Current collection:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information