chrono as comfortable as speedy?
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: chrono as comfortable as speedy?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

chrono as comfortable as speedy?

I realize comfort is a personal thing, so this may be a useless post (but no more useless than most, I suspect).

In the past, I've tried on several versions of Speedy (moonwatch, FOIS, speedy racing) and found them all to be really comfortable, and they all seemed to wear thinner than the measurements.

I've also recently tried on a number of other chronos that I like (new Hamilton intramatic 68, new IWC spitfire chrono, Breguet Type XXI) and found them all to be way to thick, or clunky or just uncomfortable, even for only a few minutes in the AD.

Is my only hope to buy a version of speedy, or are there other chronos out there that can match it in terms of comfort?

Side note - I find Daytonas to be super comfy also but realize it's currently not in the cards in terms of finding one.

Re: chrono as comfortable as speedy?

Have you tried Zenith el primero?

I can’t say speedy is my most comfortable watch though...now if only they make a titanium speedy pro...things might be a bit different

38mm El Primero is comfortable. Can’t comment on the bracelet but I’m someone on this forum can!

Name:  DC619D17-3912-4304-9CBC-F86B85D6CE07.jpeg
Views: 88
Size:  3.27 MB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't find the El Primero to be visually appealing in the least bit, so that's a big no for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Synequano View Post
    I can’t say speedy is my most comfortable watch though...
    I just mean comfortable compared to other chronographs...I'm not trying to compare it to a thin dress watch or anything like that.

Of all the chronos I’ve tried,probably my favorite are the ceramic bathyscaphe flyback and pam 74 (it’s a 40mm titanium luminor with EP movement),Older bimetal VC overseas antimagnetic are nice too...

AP ROOc is the weird one,you have to have a correct wrist for them to fit right...
    mak1277 likes this.

The Speedmaster is not a particularly thin watch, but it wears its thickness well. I suspect, therefore, you'll need to look for a watch built around a movement with similar dimensional characteristics as the Speedmaster and whose design similarly blends into the wrist. That might rule out many modular and Valjoux 77XX based chronographs, which have a tendency to be slab-sided.

The El Primero would have been one of the first that came to mind, and that movement comes in many watches, not just the tri-colour. For example, there is the Cronometro CP-2 re-edition in the Pilot range, as well as the more elegant (and seemingly discontinued) Elite and Captain chronographs.

Another is the B01 movement from Breitling, and currently the most elegant is the new Premier range, as well as the previous TransOcean chronographs that you can still find for sale.

All that said, nothing scratches a Speedy itch like a Speedy.

Banned

I'd second those Breitlings as well. Trimmed down the diameters for a dressier feel, which made things a bit more comfortable for me.
    mak1277 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post

I do quite like the first Zenith you posted.

And if it wasn't so darn expensive, I would probably already own the grey and orange speedy on the right of that last pic.

For the price, which seems to be a factor given your responses regarding pricier options, I think you have it in the Omega. I was prepared to suggest the Stowa Pilot's chronograph in a hand-wind version, but 1) I have no real life experience with it and 2) despite being hand-wind, the case is still 13.7mm thick-the same as the automatic 7750.
    The El Primero is relatively thin, and they have a vast catalogue featuring different dials. They are thin for automatics, and many feel they are far better quality than anything from Omega. If you shop grey market or secondary market, Zenith prices plummet from their suggested retail, which I find odd given their quality.
    mak1277 and watchcrank like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information