Chrono24
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Chrono24

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chrono24

Anyone here ever had an experience buying on Chrono24?

I'm especially interested in experiences of someone living in the US and buying from a dealer in Europe - say - in Germany. How safe is it? Is there such a thing as a buyer/seller protection program like on eBay? Also, are the prices that appear there final, or they are still subject to VAT or other taxes?

Any information would be very welcome!

Re: Chrono24

I never purchased directly from them but most of their sellers it's pretty clear who and where they are from. Easy to locate what you are looking for locally and just go there in person
    -JP

Quote Originally Posted by JPfeuffer View Post
    I never purchased directly from them but most of their sellers it's pretty clear who and where they are from. Easy to locate what you are looking for locally and just go there in person
    That's the deal - usually what I'm looking for is hard to find locally, and it's way cheaper to get from Europe - that's why I wanted to know if anyone purchased anything from an overseas dealer through there.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Look for a 'trusted seller', with a brick and mortar location. Try to get a name of the store if there is one, and if you can spare the cost, call their location. Ask questions about the piece and have them send you extra photos of you can. The more detail you have the better, and it may help ease any worries as to whether they actually have the item you are looking for. I don't know what the cost of your item of desire is, but if you do decide to pull the proverbial trigger, make sure you use paypal or a credit card (that you'll pay off right away- no watches on credit!) for the protection of getting a third party involved. I understand that large enough purchases will lend to the convenience of a bank wire, but I would advise against that in an online purchase of any kind.

Good luck!
    Der Amf likes this.
    Außerordentliche übel erfordern außerordentliche Mittel.

Rolex - Jaeger LeCoultre - Nomos - v. Seiko - Burberry

I've not used them...But I have ordered from European dealers and you may have to pay Import taxes.....It's been a 50/50
    deal on me in the past...But be ready for that. Good luck.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Have used chrono24 to buy 4 watches,all Panerai without any hitch...but usually I visit the shop so I can inspect the item myself..as I have written in the other topic that it is impossible for them to send to my country

I purchased a watch out of Italy a month ago that was listed on Chrono24 as well as eBay. I ended up purchasing the watch directly from the seller who has a brick and mortar store using Paypal after researching their references. I did receive a brokerage fee bill from UPS a week later.

I never found any buyer protection program through the Chrono24 website so as most will advise, buy the seller.

Best of luck!

I have bought numerous watches from dealers listed on Chrono24. I stick with dealers that have been trusted for at least 3 years, but that is me. You should not have to pay VAT tax if they are shipping to your address outside the EU community. You may have to press the seller on this, but there is an exemption for a non EU resident buyer. I have bought several from Germany w/o problem. Some countries are less reliable than others so I would research a bit. Generally you should be good. Chrono24 is merely a portal, like the classifieds in a newspaper. There is no warranty or protection through Chrono24 but you have the "trusted seller rating" and Chrono24 will follow up with you about the seller, if you contact the seller through Chrono24.
    Last edited by Gary123; October 28th, 2013 at 18:08.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Yes, only stick with their "Trusted Dealers" if possible. But overall, I find most of their prices to be on the high side compared to other vendors selling the same watch, IMO.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Thanks, guys! This is really useful info!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information