ChronoDB - Collection Management Software
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: ChronoDB - Collection Management Software

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    js1

ChronoDB - Collection Management Software

Hi,

I would like to present to you a program called ChronoDB for managing your collections.
    There you can keep track of the whole life of your watch. From buyig a watch, keeping track of its events, through to the selling process.
    You can enter (and later search) quite detailed information about a watch - I tried to put as many predefined fields as possible.
    There is also a possibility to print a watch card for your files.

There is no data in it. You build your database from scratch - putting in brands, models, movements and other information.
    Everything should be self-explanatory, so you shouldn't have problems using it.

Early versions were tested by the users of the polish watch forum KMZiZ (Klub Miłośników Zegarów i Zegarków: Klub Mi).
    The program you get here is a WUS branded edition (thanks Ernie!) for this great community.
    It's free and I hope it'll be a good base for further development (with your help).

It works under MS Windows and is currently available in two languages: English and Polish.
    It's currently still in BETA but should be fully functional and stable. Anyways, approach with care :)
    If you have any questions, feedback, wishes, ideas or want to contribute to the project (ie. by supplying a translation) just give me a shout.

Hope you'll find it useful.

Download link (ChronoDB.WUS.msi): http://......./1ogOgoc
    Watch print card (ChronoDB_card.WUS.pdf): http://......./1pWxMEf

Enjoy
    Jacek

Thread approved by Ernie Romers, site owner.

Some screenshots here:
    Name:  splash.png
Views: 354
Size:  131.4 KBName:  screen3.png
Views: 322
Size:  110.9 KBName:  screen2.png
Views: 326
Size:  54.7 KBName:  screen1.png
Views: 313
Size:  140.5 KB
    Last edited by js1; August 29th, 2014 at 12:57.

Re: ChronoDB

Is this free? If so, it may actually replace my old spreadsheet!

Edit: just re-read the post and saw that it is indeed free.

Edit 2: any consideration of developing an android/iOS mobile app?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OH Redhawk; August 25th, 2014 at 03:27.
    Omega | Breitling | Citizen | Tag Heuer | G-Shock | Oris | Dievas | Marathon | Seiko | Hamilton | Helbros | Sinn | Fortis

Searching the planet for: Kobold Endurance II in blue

js1

Yes, it's completely free.
    Actually, I'm thinking about the mobile version if the demand is there.
    opticalserenity likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When I downloaded this Chrome stopped me to say that the programme is malicious. Not necessarily what I was hoping for.
    Current Rotation:
    Rolex: Pepsi GMT 16710
    | IWC: 3706 Flieger Chronograph | IWC: Gold vintage dress watch | Bremont: Airco Mach 1 | Muhle Glashutte: SeeBattalion GMT | Omega: SpeedMaster Triple Calendar 3321.80 | Seiko: 5719 8992 Monopusher Chronograph | Damasko: DA38 | Newmark: HS Chronograph | Mondaine: Stop2Go | Heimdallr: Turtle
    Incoming:
    Nothing at the moment
    Instagram:
    @jsj11

js1

No idea why this is happening. Many people downloaded it and you're the first one to report that.
    Must be a false warning from your anti-malware software. Maybe it doesn't like the installer?

Edit:
    Looks like it's Chrome thing. Lots of small/hobby developers have this problem. Chrome tags their valid and clean downloads as malicious.
    Don't think I can do much about that.
    You can use any other browser to download - scan it with your anti-malware/anti-virus software before installing to be 100% sure.
    Last edited by js1; August 27th, 2014 at 11:29.

Would like to check it out but would need Mac or ios to do so.

I highly recommend an iOS version. It would be great to have this on the go. For that matter, develop a web app, and you could do either a responsive web app, or separate mobile apps to go with it (iOS, Android, etc.)

I'm sure plenty of people would be glad to throw a couple bucks towards that kind of an app.

Thanks for your efforts, I was a developer once and I know first hand it's not simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

js1

The problem with website is that not everyone wants to keep the information about their watches online in the global database.
    It would be better, also, to have the data available offline. It can be done with PhoneGap but the DB management is not quite there yet.

Yes, native apps is the way to go.

I can confirm that I have now downloaded with another browser and started filling in my watches into the database - may take some time as there is a lot to fill out and info I don't even know about my watches i will have to look up - but its pretty cool all the same - currently I have an excel sheet, but this is definitely a step up.

Thanks Jacek for doing this and giving away for free. I definitely recommend it to all that have a larger collection of watches or people who are always flipping watches (anything over 5 - as you can keep tabs on them and compare etc). Well worth it.
    Current Rotation:
    Rolex: Pepsi GMT 16710
    | IWC: 3706 Flieger Chronograph | IWC: Gold vintage dress watch | Bremont: Airco Mach 1 | Muhle Glashutte: SeeBattalion GMT | Omega: SpeedMaster Triple Calendar 3321.80 | Seiko: 5719 8992 Monopusher Chronograph | Damasko: DA38 | Newmark: HS Chronograph | Mondaine: Stop2Go | Heimdallr: Turtle
    Incoming:
    Nothing at the moment
    Instagram:
    @jsj11

js1

Re: ChronoDB - Collection Management Software

Hi,

at last I found some time to do a mobile version of ChronoDB. It's an Android app (min. version 4.1).
    It has same functionality as the desktop version plus some new features like accuracy check, news reader and accessories management.

It's still in beta, so any feedback or ideas are welcome. Should be pretty stable.

You can find it in Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...obile.chronodb

Name:  chronodb_qr.png
Views: 115
Size:  674 Bytes

Enjoy!

Some screens:

Name:  1-Screenshot1.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  50.5 KB

Name:  1-Screenshot2.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  1-Screenshot3.jpg