Chronograph Obsession
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Chronograph Obsession

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Chronograph Obsession

Been a member of this forum now for a few years. Recently took a look at my modest collection, which averages 1-2 special purchases a year lol, and noticed that all my watches are chronographs. Don't know what it is but I like the look of multiple dials and pushers. I am now conscious of this and I'm trying to branch out and try something different.

My question to you guys is; Does your collection have a running theme or a common thread connecting them?
    Omega Speedy Pro
    Tudor Pelagos
    Torgoen T16302
    Citizen Eco Drive Ti AT0660-56E
    Casio World Time
    Casio G-Shock GX-56
    Garmin 235

Re: Chronograph Obsession

No common thread for me, unless you count my lack of dress watches as one. I'm all over the place, divers, chronos, aviation you name it. I just love watches and collect whatever catches my eye and appeals to me.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by smitdavi View Post
    Been a member of this forum now for a few years. Recently took a look at my modest collection, which averages 1-2 special purchases a year lol, and noticed that all my watches are chronographs. Don't know what it is but I like the look of multiple dials and pushers. I am now conscious of this and I'm trying to branch out and try something different.

My question to you guys is; Does your collection have a running theme or a common thread connecting them?
    I think you are kind of person who likes watches with busy dial.

When I were younger I used to wear chronograph watches too, but now I tend to prefer automatic watches with simple dial layout, when I need a chronograph I just grab my G-shock.
    LJUSMC and samanator like this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For me, I would like to complete list below

- Dress
    - Chrono
    - Diver
    - Pilot
    - Moon Phase
    - GMT
    Follow my own time

I intentionally try to spread my collection to different genres, divers, pilots, vintages. I'm personally not a huge fan of Chronographs, they have to be done pretty well, I like a simple watch. It's good you're making an effort to get some variety in your collection! Interesting you didn't even notice!

I just love chronographs - love looking at them and using them. There are enough different types of chronographs out there that every watch I buy is a chronograph.

Last edited by Gary123; October 8th, 2012 at 05:33.
    WnS and Chronopolis like this.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

WnS

I buy divers, sports and dress watches, all 3 handers. I seem to love the movement of a central seconds hand. I've had small seconds and chronographs - never really grew on me.
    I'm content with my watch collection

I just like watches with interesting and accurate movements. Aesthetically, I'm not a big fan of chronographs, but I love tons of complications visible on the dial.

No me, but I'll use any excuse to post a Speedy picture and give a shout out to a fellow Hoosier.

Jeff, IU 85.

Seiko Marinemaster SBDX001
    My Father's Hamilton Khaki Automatic

My Grandfather's Movado Sub Sea Automatic

"That's what character is-It's in the tryin'" Eric Taylor.

I love chronographs. I use mine all the time, and it feels weird when I don't have one on, to be completely honest. As of late, I've been wearing dive chronos, because of a medication I'm on; I take one pill, then I have to eat 15-30 minutes later (chronograph). Then, I need to take another pill 5-6 hours later; I set my dive bezel to the hour hand and count the elapsed hours that way. Perfect. Never miss a dose.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information