Chronograph as second timezone on Edifice EF527

Thread: Chronograph as second timezone on Edifice EF527

Chronograph as second timezone on Edifice EF527

Hey guys. Been a LONG time lurker, and i love this forum. Never had any reason to post until now. I searched the forum and google +"watchuseek", but didn't find any posts with this particular question, so here goes:

I have a Casio Edifice EF527, which features a chronograph. I have little use for that, but i WOULD like to use the hour and minute dials of the chrono to track a separate time zone. I understand that in general, running a chorono function for an extended period will drain a battery more rapidly, but from what i can gather, that's because the fractional-seconds sub-dial takes more energy due to the speed of its movement. The EF527 stops this sub-dial after 30 seconds (although it still tracks fractional seconds internally somehow, allowing the dial to "catch up" when you stop the chrono.) The result is that after 30 seconds, only the chrono-seconds hand is in movement. My question is, would this still drain my battery quicker even though it's basically doing little more than any other quartz watch with a ticking second hand?

I love wristwatches, but my knowledge of their workings is extremely limited, so i figured i'd ask the experts.

Thanks!

Banned

Re: Chronograph as second timezone on Edifice EF527

This is heretical on a watch forum but it's easier and more efficient to use a smartphone if you can't memorize a second time zone you need frequently.

Re: Chronograph as second timezone on Edifice EF527

Awesome tip! I'll probably do that if/when i get a smartphone. The one i have now doesn't have that feature, sadly.

Thread Information