Chronograph watches from Areion Watches

Thread: Chronograph watches from Areion Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chronograph watches from Areion Watches

Hello All,

I'm Jaspal from Birmingham.

I've just started a new watch business, Areion Watches, and was after some help and advice from you guys.

I've been talking to Ernie R and he suggested i posted on this forum.

I'm after some feedback on the watches and on the website. I'm happy to take any feedback on board.

I think I've produced some simple but elegant Chronographs. I have one design and three different colours. What do you think about the colour options?

All the watches are 42mm by 13mm with a lug width on 22mm, multi dial faces with chronograph function, tachymeters and date, stainless steel cases, quality leather straps with stainless steel clasps and are water resistant up to 5ATM.

For further information, please check out my website - Areion Watches | Great British designed watches and you can also follow me on twitter @areionwatches

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Jaspal

(EDIT)

Just a quick add on to this - thanks for all the comments and feedback you guys have provided me with, it's been very useful.

I am looking to try and add/upgrade the watch a little if i can. In the meantime, i have a new gallery section on my website - feel free to take a browse and let me know what you think. Hopefully the photos should be a little better.

The website link is just above this edit. Thanks again.

(EDIT END)

Is this the kind or detail you guys would like to see?

Name:  wus1.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  209.7 KBName:  wus2.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  84.6 KB
    Last edited by Jaspal; October 13th, 2013 at 22:31. Reason: Adding photos

Re: Chronograph watches from Areion Watches

IMO, they are neither the best nor the worst I have seen design-wise. Middle ground... there is very little to distinguish them from a myriad of other watches in this range.

Some comments: Cases and numerals look a little blocky (this is intentional I'm sure). The finish also makes the steel cases almost look like titanium. Lack of signed crown. No caseback photos so I will assume it is undecorated. Quartz movement, and no sign of sapphire crystals. Poor water resistance to boot.

Sorry if I am being too harsh, but what exactly would entice somebody to pay £180 for this? Seems massively overpriced.
    Last edited by Seiko_Licker; October 9th, 2013 at 23:26.

Hi Seoulseeker,

Thanks for the feedback. A little harsh but that's ok.

Do you think a signed crown is important? I wanted a simple and elegant design with the crown and buttons and hence went for the smooth option. The caseback and the cases will all be brushed but the prototypes came with bead blasted back, hence no photos.

This is all food for thought, but i'm a startup business and development is ongoing concern. So i appreciate all the feedback.

Thanks

Jaspal

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not a fan of 0 on 12 o clock position and the numeral (I prefer the Panerai type curved numeral)
    No sapphire crystal?
    Any lume on the hands?
    White date wheel on black dial?
    Maybe screw down signed crown as an added details and screw down chrono pushers to help increase the WR?

For the price you are asking I dont get it.

Its sort of generic looking and the specs dont match up to the price IMO. It should either be a really unique design wise (think Egard), or have specs that punch above the price bracket (think Obris Morgan). You seem to be stuck in sort of no mans land without a USP. What makes this watch unique or special that would make someone pick this over something else under $300. Tissots PRC Chrono's go for around that much new and are readily available. Sure you cant compete with a giant like that, but I think if you have something more unique, then its reason enough to go with your watch over a Tissot.

I really like new watch brands and new designs, but I'm afraid you are not exploring enough possibilities with this and playing it a bit too safe without giving something unique to the customer.

Specific to the watch
    - I know ppl get very protective and defensive about their logos but IMO the logo and brand name on the dial sort of make the watch look cheaper than the rest of the dial. A simple applied logo might elevate the look to a higher level rather than a large bright white logo with text.
    - Why 66 and 63 on tachymeter scale?
    - Somehow the printing on the tachymeter does not look that high quality to me in the pictures.
    - I'd work on getting some studio shots in even lighting for better appeal
    - I kinda like the finish on the case, looks unique
    - I sort of like the hands as well assuming it has lume
    - Subdials seem a bit odd, either its the printing or the sort of raised in the center look, not sure but maybe better pictures might help

They seem overpriced based on the specs I see; mineral glass, quartz, leather band.

For US folks following, 190 GBP = 300 USD shipped.

As a start-up microbrand, you're going to need to offer buyers more bang for the buck to make a dent in this highly competitive market.

Quote Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing View Post
    For the price you are asking I dont get it.

Its sort of generic looking and the specs dont match up to the price IMO. It should either be a really unique design wise (think Egard), or have specs that punch above the price bracket (think Obris Morgan). You seem to be stuck in sort of no mans land without a USP. What makes this watch unique or special that would make someone pick this over something else under $300. Tissots PRC Chrono's go for around that much new and are readily available. Sure you cant compete with a giant like that, but I think if you have something more unique, then its reason enough to go with your watch over a Tissot.

I really like new watch brands and new designs, but I'm afraid you are not exploring enough possibilities with this and playing it a bit too safe without giving something unique to the customer.
    I would agree with all this. Why would anyone be moved to go out of their way to buy these watches? Nothing very unique or eye catching, fairly pedestrian designs, and the quartz movement and other specs are hardly compelling for the price. I bought my 1963 with a decorated mechanical movement, sapphire crystal, and display back for the same money as this watch with a quartz movement and (presumably) mineral crystal.

If you want buyers to forgo value, you are going to have to either: 1). convince them through brand name, image, or advertising (you won't win here), or 2) Give them something so unique aesthetically or just attractive aesthetically that the buyer will forgo buying on specs or reputation and buy for looks.

The other option to get attention would be to find a way to provide value for money by either lowering the price (somehow cutting costs or profits or both) or by changing the specs on your watch to make it more appealing at that price.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

I don't care for the zero at the 12 position. I do, however, like the plain, bead-blasted pushers and crown. Good luck with your endeavor!

Do we have the correct spelling? I could not find a single one on the internet.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat Evo, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Paul Picot Plongeur, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero.. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Chopard Pro 1, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub ti, Monta OceanKing, Breitling SOH II

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    I would agree with all this. Why would anyone be moved to go out of their way to buy these watches? Nothing very unique or eye catching, fairly pedestrian designs, and the quartz movement and other specs are hardly compelling for the price. I bought my 1963 with a decorated mechanical movement, sapphire crystal, and display back for the same money as this watch with a quartz movement and (presumably) mineral crystal.

If you want buyers to forgo value, you are going to have to either: 1). convince them through brand name, image, or advertising (you won't win here), or 2) Give them something so unique aesthetically or just attractive aesthetically that the buyer will forgo buying on specs or reputation and buy for looks.

The other option to get attention would be to find a way to provide value for money by either lowering the price (somehow cutting costs or profits or both) or by changing the specs on your watch to make it more appealing at that price.
    1. completely agree.
    2. Can't see the Great bristish design. To me it is more an interchangable design which comes with a lot of chronographs housing quartz Ronda 5130 (and similar) or any OS movement (Lorus comes to my mind but half the price). Nothing what catches my eye. So, what makes it british other then the B'ham provenance ?
    3. You missed to mention the overall lug to lug distance which is very important for online buyers to determine whether the watch will fit their wrist or not.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; October 10th, 2013 at 15:20.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information