Chronographs are "use"less?

Thread: Chronographs are "use"less?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Chronographs are "use"less?

Are chronographs are just for a style? Many of my friends has chronographs but no one uses "chronograph" function.I feel its just a style rather than a utility.What do you think?

Re: Chronographs are "use"less?

Quote Originally Posted by watch-seeker View Post
    Are chronographs are just for a style? Many of my friends has chronographs but no one uses "chronograph" function.I feel its just a style rather than a utility.What do you think?
    I teach tennis pt for fun. I used the chrono/stop-watch function to time short drills @ 30-45 seconds each. A regular second hand would work also.

i think for most non-wis (not all), it's just for style. for wis, maybe a little more use the function.

with a few exceptions, all dark dial chronos start to look the same to me after awhile. white dial chronos a little less so.
    --AC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry, I am just a plain dial kinda guy. I tried to love a chrono ... it had a lot of features I look for in a plain dial watch ... but just couldn't do it and recently sold it specifically for the reason you stated. For me personally the chrono served no function.

I can see where a few people in certain professions or with specific hobbies may find the function usable. I am just not any of them.

I use them for cooking, holding my breath contests, chugging contests, and staring contests. You know, things they were designed for.
    -Jarrod

I just bought two (!) chronos this week. An auto & handwind. i now use them daily, for timing commercial lengths (friggin 3 minutes during my fav shows!), timing my commutes to places, so i know next time i can procrastinate longer

Also timed how long i was on the phone with the immigration people for my citizenship documents i need when i take the test. a friggin 45 minutes! mostly on hold.

plus at the gym i use it to time my cardio sessions, and rest periods between lifting. (use G-Shocks for that)

so to me theyre used daily! chronos rock!

Quote Originally Posted by watch-man7777 View Post
    I use them for cooking, holding my breath contests, chugging contests, and staring contests. You know, things they were designed for.
    oh man wish you lived closer, those sound like good times! reminds me of my youthful days in College (a whole year ago!)

never lost in a staring contest, well once (to the mona lisa, that broad never blinked! i think she cheated)

I have a hand wind and a quartz chronograph. I use them or a stop watch at the horse track.
    Current favorites:
    Squale Y1545 20 ATMOS Militaire (Original) Ser. No. 0001; Sturmanskie Open Space 24Hr Ser. No. 199/250; Glycine Airman 17; Seiko Prospex PADI SRPA21;
    AirNautic Early Bird 24hr #20; Bathys Black Aquaculture; Citizen Eco-Zilla SS; Corvus Bradley #44; Hamilton Field Mechanical 44mm;
    Luminox 8202; OCEAN7 LM-1LE 41/150; LM-3V2B #26; LM-7 #7; Seiko SKX007K2; Squale 50 ATMOS; + about 25 more
    Incoming: NADA

I've been trying for some time to develop a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.- Garry Trudeau
    Time has little to do with infinity and jelly donuts. - Lt. "Mac" McReynolds

Quote Originally Posted by acdelco View Post
    i think for most non-wis (not all), it's just for style. For wis, maybe a little more use the function.

With a few exceptions, all dark dial chronos start to look the same to me after awhile. White dial chronos a little less so.
    +1

Guz

I think they are just for show ..... if i need a stopwatch I'll use my G shock

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information